Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading through that HID LED interior lighting thread I saw a lot of people mentioning the glovebox light. I clearly recall never seeing my glovebox light up when I opened it. So today I went and checked and sure enough, there's a bulb there but it's not turning on at all. I even swapped it out w/ one of the courtesy lights on the doors, which was working, and it still didn't light up. I checked all fuses in the cabin and in the engine bay and everything checked out ok. I wiggled the wires a lil' bit to see if maybe there was a loose connection.........nope. Still didn't turn on. Do I need to contact my dealership for this?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
You can always try the dealership, but I would start with a volt meter and see if 12v is reaching the light. If not, go to the switch and work backwards from there.

Now I will have to check mine, I have never noticed apparently.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vipzach said:
You can always try the dealership, but I would start with a volt meter and see if 12v is reaching the light. If not, go to the switch and work backwards from there.

Now I will have to check mine, I have never noticed apparently.
Switch?? There's a switch for the glovebox light? Or are you just talkin' about the interior light switch in general?

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
wiskers said:
Switch?? There's a switch for the glovebox light? Or are you just talkin' about the interior light switch in general?

There has to be something so that it doesn't stay on all the time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMFG...........I FEEL LIKE A DUMBASS!!!!!! LMAO

The freakin' parking lights need to be on. Durrrrr!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
wiskers said:
OMFG...........I FEEL LIKE A DUMBASS!!!!!! LMAO

The freakin' parking lights need to be on. Durrrrr!
Don't feel too dumb, I just went outside and looked at mine and no light on, and thought " I don't have time to take this apart anymore, have to wait till after work."

Oh, and I didn't see any switch either. I will check mine when I get home.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vipzach said:
Don't feel too dumb, I just went outside and looked at mine and no light on, and thought " I don't have time to take this apart anymore, have to wait till after work."

Oh, and I didn't see any switch either. I will check mine when I get home.

LOL, yeah........just turn your parking/headlights on and open the glovebox. WALLA!!! :imwithstu

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
wiskers said:
LOL, yeah........just turn your parking/headlights on and open the glovebox. WALLA!!! :imwithstu
So there is a switch in there...............somewhere???????

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vipzach said:
So there is a switch in there...............somewhere???????

You talking about a "trigger switch"? If so, yeah. I think it's actually a rip-cord that activates the bulb to turn on when the glove box is opened so that obviously the bulb isn't ALWAYS on when the parking/headlights are turned on. It's on the right side of the glove box.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
wiskers said:
You talking about a "trigger switch"? If so, yeah. I think it's actually a rip-cord that activates the bulb to turn on when the glove box is opened so that obviously the bulb isn't ALWAYS on when the parking/headlights are turned on. It's on the right side of the glove box.
OH, if that is the "trigger", I hope I didn't pull mine to far when I put it back on a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vipzach said:
OH, if that is the "trigger", I hope I didn't pull mine to far when I put it back on a few minutes ago.

I'm sure it's fine cuz I don't think you can pull the glove box out far enough to break it or anything like that unless the glovebox was off it's hinges and you yanked it. :eek:

·
Registered
274 Posts
wiskers said:
I got worried about my own glovebox light ever since I saw the original posting. Finally I got around to checking it. It works like magic. Just like my refrigerator - although my refrigerator does not have headlights! :rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts