Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
jeez and for a second there I thought GM was going to recall trucks from 2001.
My friend owned a then new 2001 1500 Silverado 4x4, and it ate rear ends like a fat chick eats twinkies. That one was all under the factory warranty and he offloaded the truck before the warranty was out. Put the Titan to shame.

I have a co-worker who currently owns a 2001 2wd 1500 Silverado, and he's had 3 rear ends in it, the last one being aftermarket and the longest lasting.

I heard that GM switched from forged to hydraformed parts and that caused all the trouble.

Anyways, that's why I bought a Titan, even with all the bad stories about Titans, I've witnessed much worse than the worst stories the net could concentrate.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I guess the difference is that Nissan isn't run on taxpayer money. FoxNews.com - Did General Motors Really Repay Its Taxpayer Bailout?
Wow, and to think that the government would allow us to be mislead like that and lied to, who woulda thought. Just goes to show that the government is as corrupt as the financial institutions and businesses these days. Doesn't have anything to do with the current administration either, it isn't about that, it is about our government bodies and party system are as corrupt as is many of the crooks already in jail, it is just that they are above the law.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I don't understand why people don't get that safety recalls are for safety issues. Our rear ends don't lockup...that would be dangerous. Air bags not deploying is also a safety issue we don't have. That's why you haven't seen any rear end recalls on Titans.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand why people don't get that safety recalls are for safety issues. Our rear ends don't lockup...that would be dangerous. Air bags not deploying is also a safety issue we don't have. That's why you haven't seen any rear end recalls on Titans.
If the rear end in the Titan craps out while you are doing 70mph down the highway how is that not a safety issue?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If the rear end in the Titan craps out while you are doing 70mph down the highway how is that not a safety issue?
Is that really a safety issue though? Wouldn't that just mean that you would start to slow down and stop moving? lol

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
First off, who's that happened to (if at all...can't be too many) most just heard a noise or felt a jerk etc and the dealer just replaced the rear end...second, how would that be a safety issue?...you'll just slow down. Unless it locked up, as is apparently happening to some GM products, I wouldn't categorize it as a safety issue. A pain in the azz yes. Should it be fixed?...absolutely! Nissan has seemingly fixed this problem on newer trucks but I'd guess that no matter how good a rear end is built, someone out there can break it and claim it's a POS. So there's no good answer for someone having an issue.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I heard that GM switched from forged to hydraformed parts and that caused all the trouble.
How would you hydraform internal rear axle parts? Wouldn't parts like that be machined on an industrial milling machine from a piece of billet steel?

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
First off, who's that happened to (if at all...can't be too many) most just heard a noise or felt a jerk etc and the dealer just replaced the rear end...second, how would that be a safety issue?...you'll just slow down. Unless it locked up, as is apparently happening to some GM products, I wouldn't categorize it as a safety issue. A pain in the azz yes. Should it be fixed?...absolutely! Nissan has seemingly fixed this problem on newer trucks but I'd guess that no matter how good a rear end is built, someone out there can break it and claim it's a POS. So there's no good answer for someone having an issue.
I have heard on the forums of differentials that did lock up, not many albeit, but that is a safety hazard at 70mph. True that enough people have not had that happen, but a known design problem, and as was said, powdered spider gears, and that is what fails all the time. It shouldn't be that we have to document how many it has happened to, the potential is there for a lockup. Does it have to happen to 10 people along side a semi at 70mph that crushes a Titan before a recall should happen? I think not, it is a design flaw, it should be fixed, and yes Nissan is taking the cheap way out. As with many issues on the truck, rear axle seal leaks, how much is brake efficiency reduced when you have oil on the rear rotors, yes not a case that happens often, but can, more potential for disaster. Yes the front brakes produce the majority of stopping power, but if you have 7500 lbs. of trailer behind you, will the trailer brakes be enough? We all know how well the fronts work, all you have to do is look at my rotors after 30K miles, ridiculous on how they wore, and I never have had that much weight behind mine yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, I don't like the dependability of it, as of recent, and I only have 50K on it. But lately it has been hard for me to think of buying another one, and I have too much money in mine to even think about getting something else, I will lose my tail in more ways than one. So I live with it and try and change out the issue parts on it, shackles, diff, next will be an all aluminum radiator (already had one change last month), and I will work this warranty to death on it, and the list goes on, my sig shows what I have put in and why for the most part with the problem parts. Just take a look at the top two rotors in the second pic, nice contact patch for the front brakes on the inside of those rotors, at 30K, that is just plain horrible, so how much braking efficiency did I have left on the front brakes, it was too a point that it scared me if I had to do a panic stop. Alas the Stillen BBK, it is sure nice to not have to worry anymore whether someone pulls out in front of me whether or not I can get the beast slowed down, I know I can now, before I couldn't have unless there was a brick wall there to help. Another thread jack, but the diffs at 60-70K failures, come on now, they should run till the body falls off the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I have heard on the forums of differentials that did lock up, not many albeit, but that is a safety hazard at 70mph. True that enough people have not had that happen, but a known design problem, and as was said, powdered spider gears, and that is what fails all the time. It shouldn't be that we have to document how many it has happened to, the potential is there for a lockup. Does it have to happen to 10 people along side a semi at 70mph that crushes a Titan before a recall should happen? I think not, it is a design flaw, it should be fixed, and yes Nissan is taking the cheap way out. As with many issues on the truck, rear axle seal leaks, how much is brake efficiency reduced when you have oil on the rear rotors, yes not a case that happens often, but can, more potential for disaster. Yes the front brakes produce the majority of stopping power, but if you have 7500 lbs. of trailer behind you, will the trailer brakes be enough? We all know how well the fronts work, all you have to do is look at my rotors after 30K miles, ridiculous on how they wore, and I never have had that much weight behind mine yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, I don't like the dependability of it, as of recent, and I only have 50K on it. But lately it has been hard for me to think of buying another one, and I have too much money in mine to even think about getting something else, I will lose my tail in more ways than one. So I live with it and try and change out the issue parts on it, shackles, diff, next will be an all aluminum radiator (already had one change last month), and I will work this warranty to death on it, and the list goes on, my sig shows what I have put in and why for the most part with the problem parts. Just take a look at the top two rotors in the second pic, nice contact patch for the front brakes on the inside of those rotors, at 30K, that is just plain horrible, so how much braking efficiency did I have left on the front brakes, it was too a point that it scared me if I had to do a panic stop. Alas the Stillen BBK, it is sure nice to not have to worry anymore whether someone pulls out in front of me whether or not I can get the beast slowed down, I know I can now, before I couldn't have unless there was a brick wall there to help. Another thread jack, but the diffs at 60-70K failures, come on now, they should run till the body falls off the truck.
I don't know if there's even an answer. I mean...we can "what if" all day long I guess. Bottom line is that Nissan seems to have addressed the rear end gearing issues (in 07 I believe?..not sure) and upgraded again in 08. Oh I understand though...don't get me wrong..I believe Nissan should repair/replace the rear if it goes bad...which they've done to some extent, but asking for an actual recall apparently isn't happening because none of these "what ifs" have happened...that we're aware of anyhow.

As for the brakes, they've been fixed (08+) and they've upgraded the older ones for free (not to the 08 version but an upgrade none the less). I haven't heard of anyone trying to stop and not being able to...even if they shook like crazy. I know, I had them replaced 2 times on my old 04. I don't have any experience with the rear seals (thank goodness) so I can't really comment there.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I don't know if there's even an answer. I mean...we can "what if" all day long I guess. Bottom line is that Nissan seems to have addressed the rear end gearing issues (in 07 I believe?..not sure) and upgraded again in 08. Oh I understand though...don't get me wrong..I believe Nissan should repair/replace the rear if it goes bad...which they've done to some extent, but asking for an actual recall apparently isn't happening because none of these "what ifs" have happened...that we're aware of anyhow.

As for the brakes, they've been fixed (08+) and they've upgraded the older ones for free (not to the 08 version but an upgrade none the less). I haven't heard of anyone trying to stop and not being able to...even if they shook like crazy. I know, I had them replaced 2 times on my old 04. I don't have any experience with the rear seals (thank goodness) so I can't really comment there.
I think the only diff issues that changed were axle size in 08, in 06 they made the diff a 4 spider vs 2, but the spiders are still formed from powdered metal, which is the problem to start with IMO. I know from my experience that my truck I had to mash the pedal with the contact patch I had left on the rotors, and the pics are there for that. Yes they did go to larger rotors later, not sure that would have made much of a difference, I have no experience with the later brakes, I only have experience with my previous setup and the Stillen BBK which is a 500 percent improvement, especially with the larger rotors up front, and I no longer need two feet on the pedal to stop. I just didn't want to be one of the "what ifs" under a semi when the diff blew, so I changed early to a TrueTrac, or pulling a 7500 lb trailer when it did go. Thankfully you haven't experience the axle seal issue, I have had three sets of axles in mine in 50K now, have all the service work to prove it too, the latest set is the latest TSB so hopefully, and I checked just yesterday, that they are still dry and hopefully that is fixed now. Radiator, ECU, IPDM (3 of those now), aux fan ( that when it went burned wires in the harness), it took them almost a year to get that fixed on my truck. I just really wish they would address these, not two or three years later, so that I can say, hey, I want another Titan, but as of now, I can't say that. I love the truck, but the dependability/reliability is scary sometimes. I am driving it to Dallas next week from Illinois for work, but in the back of my mind, I do worry some, a "what next" mentality starts to creep in. Will it be the cheesy trans cooler line clamps going? Will the IPDM fail again? Is the ECU gonna crap out on me again? It is just a shame that Nissan has let this come to this, they will never be a threat to the 1/2 ton market the way it is now. Who wants to roll the dice after the warranty runs out, can be extremely expensive for some of these items, yet under warranty they fix the problem, but out of it they don't all because of the same problem also, (ie diffs).

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Geez...WAY too many problems. Sorry you've had so damn many. It sounds to me like you got one helluva lemon! Fortunately that doesn't seem to be the norm. I tow a 31' travel trailer over 8k LBS and never a problem with the tranny cooler lines, radiator (other than the stupid cap issue on my 04)....nothing. I have the opposite train of thought where I think this truck does everything right and could never break down...lol. I'd say you'd have a much better experience with a new Titan but I'm afraid that the doubt in reliability would only carry over to the new truck...I know it probably would with me. I'd be looking at another brand if it were me too. Well, I hope you have better luck this year with it once everythings taken care of.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You would think I would have better luck this year. Almost everything has been replaced here lately, LOL. I love this truck, I like the power, the ride now, Bilsteins are the ticket to that, and most everything about it, except the surprises. Like I said, another person would probably have gotten rid of it by now, but I couldn't financially or practicality wise. I have too much invested in it. The only thing I haven't had happen is the cracked manifolds, I will probably go out tomorrow and get the whisp whisp from that next, but I don't care about those, have the Nismo LT's ready and just waiting on Berk to finish the b-pipes and that will be done. The rear never failed in mine, but I am a firm believer that there are those diffs that have failed, and those that are yet to with those powdered spiders. The carrier I had may never have failed, but that hasn't been the norm either. My bro in law bought an 04 a few years ago, had 60K on it, "certified Nissan vehicle" no less. Never had anything behind it, and he drives like a grandma, calls me about a year ago, says he is hearing a clunk in the rear. I told him to get it in, the spiders have just gone, now he believes me when I told him when he bought it, he called me and said come look at this truck, told him it had the old style rear in it, still had the stamped steel cover, of course paint was baked off of it. He bought the warranty, so they replaced it of course, but what about those that had to shell out 4K for a diff that had the same problems time and time again. Those are the folks that I feel sorry for, the ones that got hammered on the cracked manifolds out of warranty, of course that is now covered, but I hate to be the one that had to go back after my money after they have it. These reports are out there if anyone did the research on Titans, and Nissan wonders why they don't sell as good anymore, when they refuse to back it IMO. They haven't proven to me the diff is not going to go again, they still use the same crappy material to make the spiders, except they have two more in there now. That 100K warranty I bought when it was new had been my saving grace in this, but that is something that is just insurance IMO, I shouldn't have to use it like I have. So sidetracked again, but Nissan needs to step up to the plate on the fixes for this thing, not tip toe through the warranty claims and hope they can fool the others that don't know the history behind some of these common failures. Yes we have a community here of many Titans, but far too many of us have the same problems over and over, not counting the people that don't care about these forums and have those same problems that we never hear about either.

Reactions: danico

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You would think I would have better luck this year. Almost everything has been replaced here lately, LOL. I love this truck, I like the power, the ride now, Bilsteins are the ticket to that, and most everything about it, except the surprises. Like I said, another person would probably have gotten rid of it by now, but I couldn't financially or practicality wise. I have too much invested in it. The only thing I haven't had happen is the cracked manifolds, I will probably go out tomorrow and get the whisp whisp from that next, but I don't care about those, have the Nismo LT's ready and just waiting on Berk to finish the b-pipes and that will be done. The rear never failed in mine, but I am a firm believer that there are those diffs that have failed, and those that are yet to with those powdered spiders. The carrier I had may never have failed, but that hasn't been the norm either. My bro in law bought an 04 a few years ago, had 60K on it, "certified Nissan vehicle" no less. Never had anything behind it, and he drives like a grandma, calls me about a year ago, says he is hearing a clunk in the rear. I told him to get it in, the spiders have just gone, now he believes me when I told him when he bought it, he called me and said come look at this truck, told him it had the old style rear in it, still had the stamped steel cover, of course paint was baked off of it. He bought the warranty, so they replaced it of course, but what about those that had to shell out 4K for a diff that had the same problems time and time again. Those are the folks that I feel sorry for, the ones that got hammered on the cracked manifolds out of warranty, of course that is now covered, but I hate to be the one that had to go back after my money after they have it. These reports are out there if anyone did the research on Titans, and Nissan wonders why they don't sell as good anymore, when they refuse to back it IMO. They haven't proven to me the diff is not going to go again, they still use the same crappy material to make the spiders, except they have two more in there now. That 100K warranty I bought when it was new had been my saving grace in this, but that is something that is just insurance IMO, I shouldn't have to use it like I have. So sidetracked again, but Nissan needs to step up to the plate on the fixes for this thing, not tip toe through the warranty claims and hope they can fool the others that don't know the history behind some of these common failures. Yes we have a community here of many Titans, but far too many of us have the same problems over and over, not counting the people that don't care about these forums and have those same problems that we never hear about either.
Do the other auto manufacturers like Ford/GM/Dodge step up to the plate and fix everything that's goes wrong on their trucks? They don't. Just visit the forums on the other makes and read their horror stories. I have and we're not the only ones to have problems like this. Why hold Nissan over the flame when the other 1/2 ton trucks have their fair share of problems as well? Even the all mighty Tundra has been afflicted by major quality/warranty issues over the last few years. Air induction motors that go bad at around 40k miles and cost $4k to repair. Yes, the brakes on the early Titan do suck, but they still stopped the beast. They may not be too confidence inspiring if you're pulling an 8K+ lb trailer, but if you're pulling that much weight on a regular basis it's might be better to step up to a 1 ton heavy duty IMO.

I think Nissan did step up to the plate by providing the final brake fix under warranty. I know I sure appreciated the updated rotors when my steering started shaking when I stepped on the brakes. It was annoying and I didn't like my steering wheel shaking like that, but it didn't affect the braking performance. Yes, the brakes weren't as good as they should've been on a truck like this, but they did finally increase the rotor size for '08 and that finally resolved the problem for the most part. Even the axles were updated to the 4 spider gear design in '06 and then they went with a thicker axle shaft for '08. I think this shows that Nissan is indeed addressing some of the problems that plagued the early Titans. I'm not defending Nissan by any means, quite to the contrary. However, we have to remember that the Titan was a first time effort by a major auto manufacturer to get into the full-sized PU market. You will always have problems with a vehicle like that. If you were brave enough to purchased an '04 Titan, you took the calculated risk by buying a first year model. Nissan had no legacy in available parts to build upon. Everything had to be designed from the ground up. The obvious cost cutting on some parts was bad and contributed to some of the problems, but that practice is rampant throughout the industry. Don't hold Nissan exclusively responsible for that one.

I don't know why you would never consider purchasing another Titan. The 2011's are probably the best since Nissan has had almost 10 years to refine the platform and address all the issues that affected the older models. Of course, people always have to have the lastest greatest truck in their driveway so they go out and purchase the newest thing getting screwed in the process when problems arise. I suspect Ecoboost F-150 owners will fall into this category soon.

None of problems you described really scare me off the Titan though. The Trutrac and the axle vent mod should fix any problems with the early rear axle. Aftermarket worm clamps can fix the cheezy squeeze style OEM clamps on the tranny/radiator lines. Frozen front rotors and a good quality brake pad will fix the early brake problems. Aftermarket headers will solve the crack prone early OEM manifolds. If my truck ever got totalled, I'd buy a 2011 Titan in a heartbeat. That's because I know the '11's are probably the best in the series.

I hear your gripes and some people have had some pretty bad luck with their Titans. On the other hand, there are a lot of people out there that have had very little to almost no problems with their trucks. I guess it depends on how you use it and if you were unlucky enough to get one that was built on a Monday or Friday as they say. Nissan has stepped up to the plate and issued a recalll on the IPDM. I'm grateful for that even though I haven't had any problems with mine yet. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that Government Motors or Ford would never do something like that.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Do the other auto manufacturers like Ford/GM/Dodge step up to the plate and fix everything that's goes wrong on their trucks? They don't. Just visit the forums on the other makes and read their horror stories. I have and we're not the only ones to have problems like this. Why hold Nissan over the flame when the other 1/2 ton trucks have their fair share of problems as well? Even the all mighty Tundra has been afflicted by major quality/warranty issues over the last few years. Air induction motors that go bad at around 40k miles and cost $4k to repair. Yes, the brakes on the early Titan do suck, but they still stopped the beast. They may not be too confidence inspiring if you're pulling an 8K+ lb trailer, but if you're pulling that much weight on a regular basis it's might be better to step up to a 1 ton heavy duty IMO.

I think Nissan did step up to the plate by providing the final brake fix under warranty. I know I sure appreciated the updated rotors when my steering started shaking when I stepped on the brakes. It was annoying and I didn't like my steering wheel shaking like that, but it didn't affect the braking performance. Yes, the brakes weren't as good as they should've been on a truck like this, but they did finally increase the rotor size for '08 and that finally resolved the problem for the most part. Even the axles were updated to the 4 spider gear design in '06 and then they went with a thicker axle shaft for '08. I think this shows that Nissan is indeed addressing some of the problems that plagued the early Titans. I'm not defending Nissan by any means, quite to the contrary. However, we have to remember that the Titan was a first time effort by a major auto manufacturer to get into the full-sized PU market. You will always have problems with a vehicle like that. If you were brave enough to purchased an '04 Titan, you took the calculated risk by buying a first year model. Nissan had no legacy in available parts to build upon. Everything had to be designed from the ground up. The obvious cost cutting on some parts was bad and contributed to some of the problems, but that practice is rampant throughout the industry. Don't hold Nissan exclusively responsible for that one.

I don't know why you would never consider purchasing another Titan. The 2011's are probably the best since Nissan has had almost 10 years to refine the platform and address all the issues that affected the older models. Of course, people always have to have the lastest greatest truck in their driveway so they go out and purchase the newest thing getting screwed in the process when problems arise. I suspect Ecoboost F-150 owners will fall into this category soon.

None of problems you described really scare me off the Titan though. The Trutrac and the axle vent mod should fix any problems with the early rear axle. Aftermarket worm clamps can fix the cheezy squeeze style OEM clamps on the tranny/radiator lines. Frozen front rotors and a good quality brake pad will fix the early brake problems. Aftermarket headers will solve the crack prone early OEM manifolds. If my truck ever got totalled, I'd buy a 2011 Titan in a heartbeat. That's because I know the '11's are probably the best in the series.

I hear your gripes and some people have had some pretty bad luck with their Titans. On the other hand, there are a lot of people out there that have had very little to almost no problems with their trucks. I guess it depends on how you use it and if you were unlucky enough to get one that was built on a Monday or Friday as they say. Nissan has stepped up to the plate and issued a recalll on the IPDM. I'm grateful for that even though I haven't had any problems with mine yet. I'd bet you dollars to donuts that Government Motors or Ford would never do something like that.
Well for the first starter, why would I worry about what Ford or GM does, I bought a Titan, that is what this forum is, a Titan one. There is always someone that comes out of the wood work defending Nissan with these issues. First and foremost, does it really take 4 years of diffs sitting in the back of dealerships that are junk before someone gets a clue? Yes they changed the diff in 06 and used the same crappy powdered sintered metal for the spiders, all they did was add two more, believe it or not, diffs are still failing past the 06 year. Not as many, but they still are, and what is the failure might you ask, of course the spider gears. Why the axle change, I have no idea, I have heard no issues with axles other than the seals, and why did it take 7 years to finally address that, just kept throwing parts at it. I don't doubt that there are issues at Ford and Dodge and GM, but I don't care about those because I own a Nissan Titan, that is all I am worried about, once again, three axle sets in my truck, AC/Heater HU due to defroster always on, ECU, IPDM (3 of those) and that took them 7 years also to address, brake rotors in this thread look at my wear on the rotors after 30K, that is unacceptable. Aux A/C fan seized, yes I took it in soon as the TSB came out, took them a year to find it burned wires and shorted in the harness (hmmmm maybe the reason for the maxi fuse ya think?), last month radiator blowing coolant out the bottom, do any of these sound familiar? I think so, there is a common failure mode of all these on Titans. This is not the first vehicle Nissan has built, I would think they might have an idea how to build one, sure it's a truck, but they did build little trucks before. How about trying to build it with a margin of safety from failure, rather than a minimum spec to everything. As far as the fixes with the worm clamps, the True Trac, headers due to cracked manifolds, why should I have to rebuild a truck that has only 50K on it, a diff should last till the body falls off, they used to, why not now. So should someone buy a truck and finance it, but yet, take out an extra 3K or whatever to fix the stuff that shouldn't have to be fixed on a 30K truck to start with? What kind of logic is that? Of course the money you spent to fix it will never be returned in resale land either. I never did say that I would not buy another Nissan Titan, I did say it would be hard for me to look at one now, especially until I see the quality of the vehicle improve, sure I could have gotten rid of it, and taken a beating on resale, the value of my mods to it, and I do love the truck when it doesn't have to sit at the dealer. You have to admit, some of the failures are show stoppers and along side the road dead items (ie ECU, IPDM, raidator) not an easy thing to stomach if you are 1300 miles from home and have to be somewhere for the next job. Bosses don't like to hear, yeah my new truck is in the shop again, I can't get to work for another two days. Somethings you just don't need in life, especially when they are practically paying for the truck with my company car money, although it is mine. I find it hard to believe that radiators, diffs, Ecu's, IPDM's, axle seals were only failing on Monday and Friday trucks as well, j/k, there is a common denominator here, some poor design in some items, and they know it. How bout those folks unlucky enough to not have the 100K warranty like I do, many paid out of their own pockets for repairs, some costly ones too. Nissans mentality of the failures of these items outside of warranty is just wear and tear I suppose, I don't buy it. I bet some of those folks probably feel the same way. Like I said before, we hear many have no problems, sure I agree, but we hear an awful lot of the same ones for the folks that belong to these forums. You don't hear about the ones that don't belong to these forums, so in reality, you really don't have an idea how many others have these same issues, we can only address the ones we hear about here and other forums. THere were 10 diffs out back behind my dealership the last time I was there, I live in the midwest, heck we don't even have many Titans up here, this is big 3 country, sure an awful lot of diffs at one dealer. Yes I will hold Nissan over the flame when the money I paid for the truck comes out of my pocket, I expect a new vehicle to have some quality, I expect to drive my truck more than its at the dealer, with my job I don't have the convenience of being home all the time, in fact I am away more than at home, I need dependability and reliability, which is exactly why I bought this truck new, I didn't want something that was wore out, I needed something there when I needed it and I paid alot of money for it also. I always get a kick out of this anymore, no tuneups for 100K, but differential change at 60-70K, radiator at 50K or sooner, IPDM (well who knows with that one), axle seals (hmmm roll the dice on that one (first set at 20K, next at 27K, next at 42K), but thankfully I don't have to change the plugs till 100K.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Do the other auto manufacturers like Ford/GM/Dodge step up to the plate and fix everything that's goes wrong on their trucks? They don't.
Which doesn't make it right and is a reason I didn't buy one of them brands...coming from a Toyota, which I drove to 200,000 without a single problem, to my Titan...which I have had 26+ shop repair visits and have easily spent close to $4k on repairs with 118,000 miles...Doesn't give me a good feeling about the future of this thing.

I drive it now because it's paid for and have had all sorts of new parts replaced on this thing, which is cheaper than buying a new one.

It's a love/hate thing for me with this truck. Pick out a problem you see on this forum and I've probably had it fixed. The only exception being the radiator which has surprisingly held up real well compared to others around here.

I've come to the conclusion that the Titan is a great looking truck, with some nice features and a rock solid engine/transmission surrounded by under engineered self destructing parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts