Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says guys, im going for 5 different recalls (I'm a little behind, been deployed), should i pull of the tuner or will they not say anything about it? 05 KC XE, dont know if that makes any difference. I just wanna get the recalls done before i put the lift on and make them ask any more stupid questions or make claims that the reason anything recall related is my fault with the lift/mods.... Any help would be awesome

·
Super Moderator
162,653 Posts
I'd take it off. Why risk them being able to deny anything? Especially since it's easy to take it off and put it back on.

There are a couple I need to have done, and I assure you I'm taking my BDPP tune off before it goes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, are you gonna flash your ecu back or just remove the actual tuner itself?

·
Super Moderator
162,653 Posts
I'll flash it back to stock, which will still have the 2° timing advance before the tune was ever put on, but that's it. Since mine is a BDPP, I don't have hardware that stays in the truck like you do, but in your shoes I'd reflash it and take the hardware out.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would too

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets see, I havent heard of one of them, but 1) Body Harness, 2) KC Rear door harness, which i know is already failed because my airbag light is on and thats where the pretensioner wires are for the for the seat belt, 3) Fan Shroud 4)Fuel Guage 5) ECM

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
2) KC Rear door harness, which i know is already failed because my airbag light is on and thats where the pretensioner wires are for the for the seat belt
I have that same problem. That's why airbag light won't stop blinking!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thats the only one i called about and gave them my VIN and they were like, "Sir, when is the last time you checked on recalls" I said, Like 3 years ago, Well you now have this and this and this and this.... I was like, sh!t, how long until i can have it back, Probably like week or 2 depending on parts. FML. Just was in the body shop for 2 and a half months, now another 2 weeks without my T. All I know is they better give me a T to drive until mines done. I'm not driving some little Cube or something

·
Super Moderator
162,653 Posts
Why can they not order the parts and schedule a time to do the work once they're all there?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LCA recall? What year and trim is your truck? I never heard anything about that one. But they said they should have all the parts in tommorow, although they do have me driving a damn nissan sentra right now, miniature POS btw. I feel like im driving a rollerskate. Another note, forgot to pull the hdmi cable and was asked about it, told them it was for a dvd player, and they believed it, they asked me why my timing was advanced 2* though after they ran the consult on it. I was like " My timing is advanced? What the hell." Its ok sir, well reset it. lol. Ill let you guys know how everything goes from here

·
Registered
893 Posts
05/cc/XE. I got the letter in the mail but I'm waiting for my new tires so I can get it aligned also :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts