Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to take a road trip in july peeps,I have 2004 Titan 102,596 miles on it,u think I will be fine on the road are get a rental car.,tell me what you guys think. 10 hr drive.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why would you be concerned?

Other than gas mileage... A rental is at least $30 a day plus gas.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Check oil levels, look around truck for leaks, check tire psi... Your truck will do just fine.

·
Premium Member
46,428 Posts
If you arent having any problems with the T, and you check the fluids and PSI, I dont see why you would be concerned.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay peeps thanks,no problems with the truck ,its just that my brother in law have a chevy truck 06 with less miles u know an it broke down on him on the highway on his way out there that's all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Matter of fact I'm go get two fresh tires for the front because I didn't rotated them like I should hahahaha so I need some for the front .

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
just get it checked on: oil levels, tire pressure, and so on and so forth

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Okay peeps thanks,no problems with the truck ,its just that my brother in law have a chevy truck 06 with less miles u know an it broke down on him on the highway on his way out there that's all.
Well there's the problem! My gf's dad's 07 already has destroyed his transfer case and has leaks EVERYWHERE. And that thing is babied. I love my truck!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just check the oil and coolant levels before you go if you're really worried. My truck has almost 90k now and its been from utah to so cal like 20 times, utah to TJ twice and down to texas too. I never worried about it breaking down on me.

·
Premium Member
46,428 Posts
Ummmm yeah, my dad has an 06 Blazer he bought new...I wouldnt trust that thing to go to the grocery store, more electrical problems that you can count.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oooo I see what u guys saying a nissan is more reliable then a chevy,by the way this my first nissan

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just pulled my 31ft camper for 12 hours, 6 there, 6 back this weekend and my truck has 152k on it. Only thing hurt was my wallet as I was going into a head wind on the way back and got 6.67mpg.
Like everyone said fluids and tire pressure. If you haven't serviced your transmission, might think about that.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Check List:
Tires
Battery
Coolant Level
Oil Level, Change before leaving if its close to service time
Trans Fluid Check
Check for any leaks, crawl under truck to check
While under the truck, grab ahold of the driveshafts and check u-joints

If all that checks out fine, then let 'r rip!!

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
I'm about to take a road trip in july peeps,I have 2004 Titan 102,596 miles on it,u think I will be fine on the road are get a rental car.,tell me what you guys think. 10 hr drive.
10 hour drive is nothing, I'm doing 17 hours each way in a couple weeks for a total of 2300 miles. Now thats a road trip!

As long as everything is filled and clean you should have no problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok you guys thanks,,Im go roll with that,like I said Im going to need two front tires for the truck other then that I'm go change my oil, check my fluids ,my battery{because its about 2 yrs old} but I think its good just to be safe ;an that's it ..road trip.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Don't forget to stock up on tunes too!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Android phone baby for the tunes ,by the way u guys come to find out that my brother in law had got somebody to tune up his truck an guess what,the wires an [email protected] was coming a loose that's what the problem was.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts