Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm getting ready to take the truck into the shop to get it converted to duals.
i'll be going with magnaflow mufflers. what do i need to know besides what i do know?

i'm pretty sure that i will need either 18 or 22 inchers.
both tips exiting behind the rear wheel.
keep the piping at the stock 2 1/4 between the secondary cats and mufflers and 3 inch after the mufflers.

i want a throaty muscular exhaust note, if possible with this set up.
somewhat louder than stock, but not overly obnoxious. some drone is fine at highway speeds, hopefully not too much.

will it be 2x 18 or 22 inchers? by having an extra muffler in the system, will that extra cut down on the drone if i go with the 18's?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just the design of the Maggy muffler and the way the Nissan engine sounds naturally will produce a raspy note. If you dead set on the maggy mufflers, I would try and 18's, but I wouldnt be surprised if you get some drone and rasp, if they do try adding a set of resonated tips to cut down on that noise a little.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am also mulling over on just getting the jba catback. whichever gets the most power. i guess what i needed to ask was, will duals give me more power? going duals is an old muscle car trick, i would think it would still apply.

·
Registered
811 Posts
i am also mulling over on just getting the jba catback. whichever gets the most power. i guess what i needed to ask was, will duals give me more power? going duals is an old muscle car trick, i would think it would still apply.

Here is mine. I have true dual exhaust with thrush mufflers.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just went ahead and ordered the jba catback from autoanything.com for $352 shipped (coupon code : EMR117WS). i have read that there may be back pressure issues with the duals and i want to avoid that.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The power gain between exhaust is minimal, not enough gain from one to the other to notice by the seat of your pants. The only way to truly tell on a street car is with a dyno, and usually the biggest difference you will see is between 3-5HP and that is nothing...So just buy the exhaust that you like the sound of the best, dont worry about the power cause they all make good power. And that whole backpressure myth is a bunch of bull butter...If backpressure was needed to make power or keep power then top fuel drag cars would be hurting back running 8 pipes 3ft straight off the heads...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts