Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to install a LOC so I can keep my RF HU. I really cant stand the crackling and buzzing sound that my busted stock amp is making.

I was reading the sticky for wiring a LOC for the RF unit, but it only has the wiring for the rear speakers.

Is there a way to tap the LOC from the back of the head unit?

OR anyone has the colors of the front wires and where are the easiest locations to tap from?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Here are the colors for the mid line system, I DO NOT know if the RF is the same! Mine is tapped from behind the radio, but again, I do not know if they are the same!!!

Front Left + : blue/white
Front Left - : blue/red
Front Right + : white/black
Front Right - : blue/black
Rear Left + : light blue
Rear Left - : blk/yellow
Rear Right + : oange/blue
Rear Right - : red/blue

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
The best thing to do is get regular and reverse harness/pigtails that plugs into the factory harness and into the back of the HU. Then you solder/heatshrink the LOC wires to the harness/pigtail wires at the comfort of your workbench, then plug it into the back of the HU and the factory harness. I think you need Schosche NN03 and NN03R or equivalent to do that, IIRC. I posted a pic of my arrangement previously. I used a 4 channel Navone LOC.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachments/titan-visual-audio-discussion/40590-questions-about-install-rfupgrade1.jpg?d=1175774132

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
thanks for the replies guys..

bestatchess, the way you did it, is the factory sub working or will I need to get a new sub? and the speaker that goes on top of the HU?
(I dont really know if I am seeing it the right way how the LOC is used, the HU connects to the loc, then the loc to the amp, and connect the speakers to the amp? right?) I really want to get how its all done before a shop tears apart everything. I am in Mexico right now, and I am not that confident of the shops down here. I prefer to give them a set of instructions or guide them through the install some how..

thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts
This is confusing, it is like those text messages commercials. IDK my BFF Jill. OMG LMAO LOL

·
Premium Member
17,240 Posts
Please see comments in ALL CAPS below.

maurimx said:
thanks for the replies guys..

bestatchess, the way you did it, is the factory sub working or will I need to get a new sub?

YOU SHOULD GET A NEW SUB AS THE FACTORY SUB IS JUNK. I SUGGEST THAT YOU CONTACT TECH12VOLT AS I BELIEVE HE CAN HELP YOU DECIDE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND MAKE YOU A BOX OR BOX W/ AMP RACK TO FIT YOUR PURPOSE.

and the speaker that goes on top of the HU?

IT IS JUNK AND BECOMES ABANDONED. YOU SHOULD REPLACE THE FRONT DOOR SPEAKERS AND TWEETERS WITH A GOOD COMPONENT SET AND GET SOMETHING DECENT FOR REAR FILL SPEAKERS.

(I dont really know if I am seeing it the right way how the LOC is used, the HU connects to the loc, then the loc to the amp, and connect the speakers to the amp? right?)

YES, THE HU CONNECTS TO THE 4 CHANNEL (FRONT LEFT, FRONT RIGHT, RIGHT REAR, LEFT REAR) LOC WHICH PROVIDES RCA CONNECTIONS USED TO CONNECT THE SPEAKER OUTS FROM THE HU TO THE INPUTS OF AN AMPLIFIER VIA A 4 CHANNEL SHIELDED RCA CABLE.

I USED AN AUDIO CONTROL MATRIX AS A PRE-AMP TO BOOST THE SPEAKER OUT SIGNALS FROM THE HU BEFORE SENDING THEM TO A 4 CHANNEL AMP. THIS MAY NOT BE NEEDED IF YOU SELECT AN AMP CAPABLE OF HANDLING VERY LOW LEVEL SIGNALS. I ALSO USED THE MATRIX TO AMPLIFY THE AUX INPUT TO THE HU. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR NEWER RF HUS BECAUSE THEY HAVE A BETTER AUX LEVEL.

TO DRIVE A SEPARATE AFTERMARKET SUB, I USED ANOTHER AMP DEVOTED TO THE SUB. THE INPUT SIGNAL TO THE SUB AMP IS DAISY CHAINED FROM THE 4 CHANNEL AMP.

I PULLED NEW SPEAKER WIRES THROUGH THE DOOR BOOTS AND INSTALLED NEW COMPONENT SETS FRONT AND REAR.

IF YOU WANT TO USE THE OEM SPEAKER WIRE, YOU NEED TO MAKE A JUMPER TO CONNECT TO THE FACTORY HARNESS THAT CONNECTS TO THE OUTPUT OF THE FACTORY RF AMP. EAKES POSTED HOW TO DO THIS WITH MOLEX PINS.

IMHO, IF YOU ARE GETTING AFTERMARKET AMP(S), YOU SHOULD GO ALL THE WAY AND GET NEW SPEAKERS AND SUB(S) AND PULL NEW SPEAKER WIRE AND USE SOUND DEADENING.

I really want to get how its all done before a shop tears apart everything. I am in Mexico right now, and I am not that confident of the shops down here. I prefer to give them a set of instructions or guide them through the install some how..

HERE ARE SOME THREADS THAT MAY HELP.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...-matrix-comps-subs-pacswix-optima-sirius.html

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...al-acoustic-insulation.html?highlight=console

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...door-speakrs-cc-w-rf.html?highlight=rear+door

CAUTION: IF YOU HAVE THE ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW THE WINDOW MECHANISM MAY INHIBIT OR LIMIT AMP MOUNTING ON THE REAR CAB WALL IN WHICH CASE YOU MIGHT PUT IT UNDER SEAT, PERHAPS COMBINED WITH AN AMP RACK PORTION OF A SUB BOX.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.