Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering my truck tomorrow and will have to leave a deposit. How do i do this? What kind of paperwork should i have them draw up on the agreed price. I dont want the truck to get in and they change the price and i lose my deposit. Also what about my trade should we agree on a price for it before? They want me to bring it in when the truck gets here and then decide on a price. What if they low ball my frontier. How do i get the most for my trade? And what is this document fee? What should i pay for a 7yr 100000 ext warrenty?

SE 4x4, Big tow, utility bed, off road, floor mats, mud guards, bed extender, DVD w/rockford sound, destination charge=33000.

Is this a decient price

Thanks
great site

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
BMAEZ,

I haven't researched the 4X4 models much so I can't speculate on the price.

As for your Frontier though, chances are you will get more for it if you sell it yourself if possible.

Its mid-month....so depending on 'thier numbers' so far this month will kinda guage the deal you'll get.

Go read this thread: http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=8788
to get a few hints as well.

Lastly, your approach should be...well I have done my homework and I want to drive one...I would like to stay Nissan but its gonna have to be a good deal because I have a trade-in (If you bought that there, make sure you let them know your a return customer!). Also, if the 'Fleet or Internet sales guy is in, try and work with him.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Bmaez said:
I will be ordering my truck tomorrow and will have to leave a deposit. How do i do this? What kind of paperwork should i have them draw up on the agreed price. I dont want the truck to get in and they change the price and i lose my deposit. Also what about my trade should we agree on a price for it before? They want me to bring it in when the truck gets here and then decide on a price. What if they low ball my frontier. How do i get the most for my trade? And what is this document fee? What should i pay for a 7yr 100000 ext warrenty?

SE 4x4, Big tow, utility bed, off road, floor mats, mud guards, bed extender, DVD w/rockford sound, destination charge=33000.

Is this a decient price

Thanks
great site
Bmaez,
I purchased my Titan from out of state and I gave the dealer a few thousand dollars so that I could take it home and keep it out of the hands of somebody else. You will need some down payment money of course, your drivers license, and most important- a prior call to your insurance agent so that your Titan will be insured from the get go. Have the phone number of the insurance agent in hand before you go to the dealer because he will want to give them a phone call to make sure that it's covered on insurance since the truck is still his until he has all his money. The insurance company will likely give you a couple of days of grace in which both vechicles will be covered. DON'T GO PAST THAT! Go to your credit union with the sales agreement and fianlize the loan. Have them make a copy of the check and give it to you and then have them drop the check in the mail for the dealer.

As for as a trade in. You'll get more money selling it yourself of course but more hassles too. The book value of my '95 GMC Sierra was only about $1500.00 so I decided to donate it to my church and take the tax deduction.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Bmaez said:

Is this a decient price

Thanks
great site

If that's for a King Cab Titan you should easily get that price. If it's for a Crew Cab you'll have to play hardball a little, but it's possible. I got mine (described in my sig) for $31,900 before tax, tags, title, etc. I also have the DVD System. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Bmaez said:

Is this a decient price

Thanks
great site

Depending on the dealer, they might be willing give you a written quote and knock off $ depending on the mileage you put on by the time your truck gets in. I figure they quoted me $3k for my pathfinder which isn't much so worse comes to worse, I'll donate it for the tax write off as well.

·
Registered
330 Posts

I purchased same specs for similiar price but with bed extender thrown in.

Watch out for trade-in amount. That is where they get you. You can obtain invoice price from various sources. I told the dealer, "You can sell this truck to someone else for more money but not to me.. I will pay you XXXX over invoice." They either want your business and the sale or they don't. It's a card game and yes depending on the time of the month you can get a better offer.(End of month is usually good especially if salesmen have a contest going on). Go a couple weeks before end of month (now) and just act like your interested in the Titan but you are comparing it to another brand (F-150) they usually fall for the bait if you play your hand properly.

Boy, what a game it can be! I hate it but at times you get that rush!

Ok back to dealing...

Trade-in--- find your book price and stand firm depending on the condition of your vehicle. You can get this figure up front or after making deal on new. I've used both methods with success.

I put down deposit on credit card knowing I could always get this amount back and most dealers don't actually charge it they just want to know you are serious.

Good luck, I know I am forgeting something.

P.S. Don't let them see you smile when you test drive the Titan. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Dealers tend to give the best deals at the end of the month if they're desperate and haven't met their goals. You'll get the best price for a trade-in if you do a private sale. But this isn't for everyone. If there is a Carmax near you, try taking your trade-in there and seeing how much they will give you. You have nothing to lose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts