Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad's got a new Tundra and we keep arguing who's truck is faster so we are going to race within the next week or so probably this Sunday. Is there any suggestion's on how I should prepare or should I just line up and punch it.

Mod so far are:
2 new 40 series Original Flow master's
New K&N Air Filter
New Nismo CAI being installed Saturday morning

·
Registered
130 Posts
Probably launching w/ 3/4 throttle would be best unless you have a TrueTrac and/or traction bars. You should mail in your ECU to UPREV so they can remove the torque management that prevents a true WOT condition until you're above 40mph (IIRC).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well my dad's got a new Tundra and we keep arguing who's truck is faster so we are going to race within the next week or so probably this Sunday. Is there any suggestion's on how I should prepare or should I just line up and punch it.

Mod so far are:
New K&N Air Filter

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just punch it!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
When he is not looking load the bed of his truck up with bricks:upsidedow

·
Super Moderator
34,526 Posts
wilk3215 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod so far are:
New K&N Air Filter
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/28802-drag-racing-how-hints-tricks-thread.html?highlight=drag+race+tips

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
wilk3215 said:

Mod so far are:
New K&N Air Filter
How many miles do you have on your truck??

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
37L1 said:
Both threads are now merged.

woah thats like reverse cloning:cheers:

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but, it would probably be a good idea to have your air vol intake calibrated after installing the CAI. do the 2* timing advance while your at it. Use your shift on the fly to whind the gears out.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
BADASSTITAN06 said:
You And Your Titan Need To Set Down And Eat Yalls Wheaties The Night Before Then Pray Or Good Things Ha Good Luck Cant Wait To See The Vid
A:huh: ny reason you capitalize the first letter of every word?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I can't wait to see this!! Make sure you give your ecu some time to learn that new intake. And lower the pressure in your tires a bit.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Remove your tailgate and spare tire prior to race. That is a lot of extra wieght.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts