Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep..about that time in my life to do it yet again! So I'll be checking out the new 09 Ram 1500 crew cab Hemi. Their new interior style is pretty sweet!

However now that I made some of you crap your pants, my roommate is actually car shopping. I'm tagging along being I can haggle pretty good when it comes to pricing. I'm trying to get him into a Titan, which he really likes mine so that shouldn't be a problem. But we'll see.

I am excited though to see how nice these new Rams are, especially the way I drive :ftard: I'll report back..

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
rams are really nice!!! sweet lookin too!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The new Rams are pretty nice looking for a Dodge. Especially the uplevel trim versions with two tone paint. The interior is a huge improvment over the old one that's for sure. I sat in one and was very impressed at the quality of materials and the general layout. 2nd best interior under the F-150. However, the old 5sp tranny ruins what could be an even better truck. They should've at least updated it to a 6sp. I didn't drive it, but from what I've read it's not quite as fast as it could be due to the 5sp tranny. Also, the 390hp rating seems to be a bit optimistic. I think Dodge is still over estimating the power figures like they did with the old "345hp" version.

If your roommate is car shopping, tell him to check out the new Challenger. Those look pretty nice for a retro styled car. Dodge did a good job on that one. It's too bad they might go out of business in the near future though. (just kidding) LOL!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Have you moved down to FL yet? If so where in FL are you, I can give you the name of the guy I dealt with at Bill Ray Nissan.

·
Premium Member
21,746 Posts
If your roommate can't find the exact options he wants and the dealer is being a douchebag then let me know and I'll give you a name/number of an auto broker here in town. I bought my Titan from him and got EXACTLY what I wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. The process is painless and he can hook you up with any brand.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you moved down to FL yet? If so where in FL are you, I can give you the name of the guy I dealt with at Bill Ray Nissan.
Nah still in CO unfortantly, thanks though! :eyebrow:

If your roommate can't find the exact options he wants and the dealer is being a douchebag then let me know and I'll give you a name/number of an auto broker here in town. I bought my Titan from him and got EXACTLY what I wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. The process is painless and he can hook you up with any brand.
I remember you saying something about that at the M&G last weekend..I'll pass that along to my roomie if he doesn't find anything he likes today!

The new Rams are pretty nice looking for a Dodge. Especially the uplevel trim versions with two tone paint. The interior is a huge improvment over the old one that's for sure. I sat in one and was very impressed at the quality of materials and the general layout. 2nd best interior under the F-150. However, the old 5sp tranny ruins what could be an even better truck. They should've at least updated it to a 6sp. I didn't drive it, but from what I've read it's not quite as fast as it could be due to the 5sp tranny. Also, the 390hp rating seems to be a bit optimistic. I think Dodge is still over estimating the power figures like they did with the old "345hp" version.

If your roommate is car shopping, tell him to check out the new Challenger. Those look pretty nice for a retro styled car. Dodge did a good job on that one. It's too bad they might go out of business in the near future though. (just kidding) LOL!

Yeah the F150 hands down knows what's going on interior style. We almost bought F150 FX4's together 3 years ago. Fully loaded suckers and body color matched bumpers and mirrors!

He needs a 4 door truck/suv though unfortantly. Those challengers are nice. My buddies dad got one, and I must say, everytime I look at it, or see him drive by it really does look like a classic car looking brand new!

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
Nah still in CO unfortantly, thanks though! :eyebrow:

I remember you saying something about that at the M&G last weekend..I'll pass that along to my roomie if he doesn't find anything he likes today!

Yeah the F150 hands down knows what's going on interior style. We almost bought F150 FX4's together 3 years ago. Fully loaded suckers and body color matched bumpers and mirrors!

He needs a 4 door truck/suv though unfortantly. Those challengers are nice. My buddies dad got one, and I must say, everytime I look at it, or see him drive by it really does look like a classic car looking brand new!
thats cute! :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__2e...road-adventure-2.html&feature=player_embedded

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I guess it's cute.. but buying two trucks at the same time would have saved us nearly 25 grand!

·
Registered
989 Posts
However, the old 5sp tranny ruins what could be an even better truck. They should've at least updated it to a 6sp. I didn't drive it, but from what I've read it's not quite as fast as it could be due to the 5sp tranny. Also, the 390hp rating seems to be a bit optimistic. I think Dodge is still over estimating the power figures like they did with the old "345hp" version.
I agree, that 5 speed kills their drivetrain. Its still slower than a Titan because of it. The gear ratios they have in that thing are just dumb and are geared for the best highway mpg. 4th and 5th gear are way too close together. I think 4th is .75 and 5th is .67 or something.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
Yeah I guess it's cute.. but buying two trucks at the same time would have saved us nearly 25 grand!
i read ya!!

dude that vid makes me piss my pants

please post more!!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The tag is right! Take me for a good deal! I'm just that damn special!

·
Banned
3,832 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW. I don't think I have EVER spent so much time at the dealership!

Left the house roughly 8:30, got breakfast at Villiage inn, and on the road to the dealership around 9:30. Got to the dealership at 10am, left at 8pm! 10 hours at the dealership.. However, our sales person was a gorgeous young girly!

Started out looking at Titans. He wanted used, being they are way cheaper than new, even with incentives. Found a 05 Titan CC LE B-Tow/Offroad pkg for $22k with 42k miles on it. We also found a 01 Mercedes Benz S330 (I think), white, tan interior. It was quick, but the tan interior killed the car. $9,999 was the price on the window!

Unfortantly my roomie has been victom of idenity theft, so he found a lot of items on there that KILLLED his report. Needless to say, the Titan was out the window. No bank wanted to touch him. The finance guy worked with the banks, finally got one bank to agree to a loan, on their terms. $250 cap payments per month, has to be an 02 or newer, KKB value of $6500 or greater and something else. Well that was good, however the Benz was just one year off. So they only had TWO cars on the lot they could sell him for those terms. 05 Dodge Magnum SXT or Nissan Altima SE 3.5. So we took the Altima for a test drive, 55k miles on the motor, and ran like a charm! Came back to the dealer and did the paper work. So at least he was able to get a car. Now just needs to handle his credit from that fraud.

Nice car though, loaded, black leather interior, black exterior, new tires, and great power. I was surprised, it was actually quicker than the benz! or so it seemed..

Unfortantly, I didn't really get a chance to venture off too far on my own. However I sat in a frontier, it's a really nice lil truck I wouldn't mind having if the Titan wasn't an option..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts