Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally have decided to lift the Titan. I have a 2004 Titan 4wd currently with LT315-70R17 tires and Bilsteins 5100 front and rear.

When going with a lift, will the 5100's work with any of them?

When lifting it, will I be able to run any larger of a tire or should I stay with the 315's? A lot of info to go through.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looks like I should be able to go with some lifted spindles, 2" spacer, and my 5100's set on the middle setting. I already have some rear blocks. Thinking they may be 3", I'll have to measure them.

Any input?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
As far as my limited experience on suspensions goes you can't do spindles with 4WD. Gotta go bracket.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that out this afternoon while reading more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
and your tire size you can fit depends on just how high you want to go - any lift and you should really be able to fit 33's, 5" or more and 35s should fit

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently running stock 04 rims with 5.5" backspacing. According to Rough Country, they won't fit with their lift. I really don't want to add to the cost of the lift kit excursion with new rims. Any of the lift kits allow the stock rims to be used?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That doesn't sound right. You should be able to use the stocks with pretty much any lift, as a lot of guys do that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the installation directions...... " For this application we recommend a 17” or larger wheel not to exceed 8” in width with a minimum backspacing of 4.5” to a maximum of 5” ". Stock Titan 2004 17" wheels have 5.5" back spacing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts