Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good offroad videos (Mud,Snow, Sludge) runs?
Titan would be cool but any will do! :futwice:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Titan Offroading, Ohhh Yeeeaaahh!!!

we got a 04 Titan 4x4 Smoke Offroad & Big Tow, and we dig it. :cheers:
we forgot to take pictures of the gnarly off road (mud baths and snow/ice) trail we rode in Lassen NF, but took a picture of the Titan (somehow that smoke titan digital picture has a blue tint after cropping)

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
pluckyew said:
we got a 04 Titan 4x4 Smoke Offroad & Big Tow, and we dig it. :cheers:
we forgot to take pictures of the gnarly off road (mud baths and snow/ice) trail we rode in Lassen NF, but took a picture of the Titan (somehow that smoke titan digital picture has a blue tint after cropping)

Nice picture! From your avatar i thought you had a Deep Water Titan like me. Maybe my eyesight is going. Either way the truck looks great...now give it a bath please. :teethmast

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RI Xterra said:
That looked fun...
Thats Awesom!!! Thats just was i was looking for!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
280 Posts
fajitapita how fast were you going when you nailed that sand dune? Your crazy. Where do you live that your in a desert in one picture and in the woods in another. I'm guessing California?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ri?

RI Xterra said:
That looked fun...

X,

I've never once seen someone post from RI on any website forum I've been on. Where are you from in RI? I live in South County and will be getting my Titan (hopefully) as soon as next month or possibly later towards Summer. I've only seen one Titan on the road so far around here.

Do you do any 4x4ing in-state?

Anyway, welcome aboard the site. I guarantee it will make you want to buy your Titan that much quicker!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
How did the truck do in the sand for you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
let's see...
it was FUN...
around 25 mph
sand bent my lower front bumper and the black grill area, now my chassis creaks...there was sand literally everywhere. power-wise, i'm very happy with the titan, but mine had quite a few miles on it when i bought it new, it came with a lot of problems from the start and somewhat disappointed at it because of those initial problems...

·
Registered
780 Posts
fajitapita

fajitapita said:
here's my truck gettin a beating:

now my bumper's in bad shape... enjoy :)
___

wow cool (motion) pictures. :cheers:
check under the hood. mine's got mud & dirt all over the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Well after smacking a sand dune like that with it I am sure something should be making some noise. The approcah angle on the truck was voted one of the best...but....I don't think that means at the speed you hit that with it. Before doing what you did to that dune, I think I would have made sure I had some 'lift' on the truck first!

Chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
no problems launching in the soft sand? I'm wondering how that auto brake limited slip effects sand driving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
had to turn the vdc off, else it sucked all the fun out of it. it wasn't just a small layer of sand but it was very thick, probably a couple feet deep, even with the 4wd lo engaged, it was very difficult to get traction. if i hit the brakes hard, the wheels would simply lock up and the sand itself slows me down to a halt.

i'm sure thinkin about getting some front lift now, could also use a bullbar too... :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
were your tires aired down?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts