Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey where are you guys getting your aftermarket head units from. what are your favorite online sources?

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i haven't decide what I want which is why i am curious about favorite online sources.

c'mon guys, surely you aren't buying your units locally.....

P-Dizzle said:
Email tech12volt with anything you want. Best service, Full Warranty, Authorized Dealer.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
My favorite online source for everything car audio is tech12volt. Head units, subs, enclosures, speakers, amplifiers, etc.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
P-Dizzle said:
My favorite online source for everything car audio is tech12volt. Head units, subs, enclosures, speakers, amplifiers, etc.
yea, i hear you. but unfortunately he does not have stereos listed on his site with their features, specs and prices. thanks for all of your help.

i suppose my first post was unclear. i am in the shopping mode. i was hoping to get a link to a place where i can compare models and features. something like crutchfield but with better prices.

·
Registered
258 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
I agree with P-Dizzle. I ordered a box from Tech and will be ordering the rest of my system from him. I just need to get my *** back home so I could get my system.

·
Registered
737 Posts
i have bought stuff from cardomain and crutchfield. CD usually offers free (or deeply discounted) dash kit, wiring harness and connectors. free shipping most times too.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
2,981 Posts
m1aman said:
yea, i hear you. but unfortunately he does not have stereos listed on his site with their features, specs and prices. thanks for all of your help.

i suppose my first post was unclear. i am in the shopping mode. i was hoping to get a link to a place where i can compare models and features. something like crutchfield but with better prices.
We are working on James website right now. Hopefully be up and running with products soon. Let us know what features are most important to you and we will let you know what products we recommend.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
5,015 Posts
I would go into a shop and play with headunits.

There are so many things you can tell from a website. I would want to touch the unit and use the controlls. They do not always work like they say in the
features on the website.
The alpine little finger touch thing was a prime example seemed really cool untill you owned one

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Like James said you will never really know until you go try them out for yourself. There were a couple models out that looked great on paper but then when I went to use them I really didn't like them. I'd shop online find out a few that you might like then go to a store and check them out. Then PM James (tech12volt) and ask him if he can get it for you.

I ended up getting the Eclipse CD5000, not everyone likes this unit because of a couple of the features but for the price I couldn't resist trying it out and I like it.

Maybe you could tell us if you want single or double din, what features you want and most importantly what your budget is.

·
Registered
596 Posts
t22a80 said:
Like James said you will never really know until you go try them out for yourself. There were a couple models out that looked great on paper but then when I went to use them I really didn't like them. I'd shop online find out a few that you might like then go to a store and check them out. Then PM James (tech12volt) and ask him if he can get it for you.

I ended up getting the Eclipse CD5000, not everyone likes this unit because of a couple of the features but for the price I couldn't resist trying it out and I like it.

Maybe you could tell us if you want single or double din, what features you want and most importantly what your budget is.

good plan.:cheers:

·
Registered
68 Posts
debos titan said:
here are the 2 i go to. i use woofersect the most.

http://www.caraudio.com/

http://www.woofersetc.com/
It depends on if you're looking for authorized dealers w/warranty and service. If that's the case then www.sounddomain.com and www.crutchfield.com are the best IMO. Though I haven't had the luxury word is that Tech has some very competitive prices and is authorized for all his products.

Personally I've never needed a warranty or service on the products I've bought online and I like cheaper prices so I shop at www.woofersetc.com. They are authorized for some products and you'll get full support on them. As far as the rest of thier stuff I don't think they are authorized but I've ordered from them and never had a problem. Also www.ikesound.com has awesome prices but I would strongly suggest you call before ordering to make sure they have an item in stock unless you catch them on eBay. Finally I buy stuff on eBay all the time and have never had a problem with anything that I bought new from a reputable seller. Granted if something actually does happen and I get a bad product then I'll have to take a loss in most cases, but for me the money that I saved was well worth the gamble. Others will disagree but like I said I never have had to return anything that I bought new on the web and haven't used a warranty since 1997 on something I bought in a shop. The money I've saved during that time well outweighed the lack of customer service on the products. However I install all of my own stuff and have a good idea about what I'm doing. If you don't have experience installing equipment I would strongly recommend you buy locally and they will support thier products as well as installation.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
t22a80 said:

i kinda like that one also. i was hoping to get a dd with, cd player, front usb port, preamps including sub, no cassette. would like to keep it under $800

i am sure there is more but i am too tired to think right now.

thanks for the links guys!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts