Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Titan SE King Cab 4x2. Dealer has come to $450 over invoice. What deals are others getting?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mind my asking the sticker price and how much you are getting off sticker? Also, have you read the maintenance schedule on the Titan? Like how often does it need a tuneup, oil change, tranny fluid change, etc. I plan on having one of these in a couple of weeks but don't want to get into the Dodge thing with the constant maintenance.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I paid $1,000 less than sticker. Most dealers here in San Diego were charging MSRP or higher. These things are like hot potatoes here. As soon as they touch the pavement they are sold.

I know that the oil change schedule is every 3750 miles. I always change my oil at 3000 anyway. I think that the sales guy said that the first 'tune up' is 100,000.

Tony

·
Registered
294 Posts
Price and Maint

We got our's at $700 over...

With regard to maint schedule, it's depends on driving conditions but we plan on towing so based on that oil changes are recommended every 3,750 miles like tbeecher said, trans every 2 years/30k and tune up at 105k. Not much maint in my opinion. Another thing that is pretty cool is that Nissan will allow you to purchase their service plan at any time through out the orginal 3/36 warranty period, although I'm not sure what they charge for it yet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
tbeecher, thanks for the info. The Titan is not selling too good here in Texas. Most of the dealers still have the same trucks that they had back in October. And that is fine with me- might make them want to deal more. There are probably over 100 available in San Antonio and the list is getting longer. Most everybody here drives a truck. Some of the Ford dealers don't even carry cars anymore. I think that the Titan sales will pick up dramatically after a few hit the streets. If they are as trouble free as I hope they are, the resale value should hold up good too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Trapper L said:
tbeecher, thanks for the info. The Titan is not selling too good here in Texas. Most of the dealers still have the same trucks that they had back in October. And that is fine with me- might make them want to deal more. There are probably over 100 available in San Antonio and the list is getting longer. Most everybody here drives a truck. Some of the Ford dealers don't even carry cars anymore. I think that the Titan sales will pick up dramatically after a few hit the streets. If they are as trouble free as I hope they are, the resale value should hold up good too.
thats cuz texans are are all gung ho for the big 3:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are dealers getting MSRP from anyone? I've been laughed at for offering 5% over invoice.(after deducting 2%holdback and 1% floor planning). If they keep up that attitude; they'll be sitting on the trucks up here for awhile.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think it all depends on inventory availability at the dealership and timing. We got lucky and apparently hit one of the dealerships in Phx at the right time as they hadn't sold one car on the Friday before x-mas so they were eager to make a deal. Not to mention they had around 12 Titan's in stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
aws316, you are a lot more correct than you know. In Bexar county( San Antonio) every fourth vehicle sold was a Ford F-150 this past summer. Most likely it is still true as you see loads of the new F-150's on the road. Everybody, and I mean everybody here has a truck of some kind. And about 40% are 4x4 that never have seen the dirt but they have them. And no, we don't get snow so there is no real reason to have it other than they want it.

karlconnell, sounds like you got a lot of truck for the buck. I appreciate the info on the extended warranty. I don't generally buy it but may consider it as the Titan is new and basically untested. I have slight issues with their using the Dana 40 series axles. For my needs it most likely will hold up great but I'm not sure if it will last long with a steady diet of trailer towing. I have 2 items that are musts for the Titan, Tow package for the gear ratio and the Fosgate with bench seat. The buckets just don't work for my writing reports and using the console for the "table". I am hoping for EPA mileage or better. I usually do better than EPA with my driving habits.

Okay, I'm doing my part in keeping the site active- lets hear from some of you.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here is a post that I put in a different Titan forum (in the interest of adding some talk here):

OK.. I hope it is safe to post MY OPINION here...

I went to the Auto Show today just to make sure that I made the right decision in choosing the Titan over the Hemi Ram. Well.. I was able to view them all in the same place. I must say that I stand by my decision. IMO the Titan is the best choice in this segment. These are so hot here that they only had 1 Titan at the show. There was a line to get up to it. I got to stand there and say "Yep! Got me one!"

I went to the dealer to get LoJack installed and they had a Smoke 4X4 there. I was surprised to see that it does not sit much higher than a 2X4.

OH!!!! When I pulled in they had just received a white Titan that they had put 22" aftermarket wheels on!! It looked hot! When I picked up my truck they had moved the wheels to a black (galaxy) Armada. It was stunning!

Tony

·
Registered
294 Posts
Trapper L, I can appreicate the concern over the Dana axle but I suppose time will tell. My understanding is that Nissan went through some pretty rigorious long term testing in developing the proprietary axles with Dana (250k mile testing) to ensure they would hold up. If you look under the bed they are prett beefy 12 bolt axles so I'm not worried. However, in your case I would definitely get an extended warranty regardless of model year into the production cycle.

Here is a link to the recommended maint schedules from Nissan's site. Just click on the maint sched link under vehicle care on the left hand side of the page:

http://www.nissanusa.com/owning/VehicleCareMaintenanceGuide/0,,,00.html#AS780

This is exactly like the booklet that is provided after your purchase.

Karl

·
Registered
68 Posts
trapper l, u hit the nail right on the head...i lived in texas all my life until last year.....i've had the same f-250 4x4 since i was 16, my dad and his dad have f150s and my other grandad has a z71
im gonna break the cycle :woot:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Extended Warranty

I did buy a 7 year - 70000 mile extended warranty. I figure that this is a first year vehicle that I plan on keeping for at least 5 or six years. I bought the Gold package. Better safe than sorry I figure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
writing table

Trapper L, In concern to you writing in your truck. If you go with the bucket seats, the back of the passenger seat folds down flat and on theback is flat hard surface specifically made for the customer who works out of their truck. It's really a neat feature. If you have a brocure take a look at it. It should be in there. If not you should be able to get one at your nearest Nissan Dealer.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ext Warranty

Tony,

If you don't my me asking, how much are they asking for the Gold Service package?

Karl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replies. Spoke with the dealer again today but still feel a bit wary.

I have been caught out before with a first model having lots of problems. I have looked closely at the build of the Titans. They look well made. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I guess time will tell ozzie but you can always get an extended warranty if it makes you that uncomfortable. I'm going to get one from either Nissan or my credit union eventually.

Statistics from the NHTSA actually show that there are fewer TSB's and recalls issued from first year production vehicles than later production years, since testing and QA cycles are typically longer on first year models.

Karl

1 - 20 of 61 Posts