Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHat is a good set of HIDs for a good price? Ans where did you install the ballast's? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well a good set is going to be quite a bit (PIAA, Mc Cullogh, etc).

However what almost everyone uses (which is a good set) is the DDM Tuning kit. Found at ddmtuning dot com. I have their kits on most of what I own as do my friends and we all love them. They are around 70 I believe for the DDM digital ballast kits. I put my ballasts and ignitors right behind my headlights (there is a sort of tray back there).

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Phillips, ($300), digital ($300), Mcculloh ($200) are the 3 i looked at when purchasing HIDs. can't go wrong with either. people like the DDM kit which isn't bad for the price. I think the 3 i mentioned are far superior in quality as i was able to compare side by side. xenon vision (site sponsor) actually have a decent kit. two of my friends got it for their car and they looked pretty good.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Do we need a "HID Lighting" section? MAN there's a lot of HID threads. Enough "information" out there to confuse Einstein!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have LED Gauges low beam hid kit (Clubtitan) and DDM Tunings High and Fog hid kits. Honestly, what ever LED Gauges kit it, it is better. The DDM Tuning kits takes a little longer to warm up, don't get me wrong for the price, they are nice.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Ebay is where I got my 2 sets and both have given me years of service and look great. The cost is about $50 per set.

look for "smarts for cars"

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Ebay is where I got my 2 sets and both have given me years of service and look great. The cost is about $50 per set.

look for "smarts for cars"
Just to help out, search for smart4cars

Reactions: RobKar

·
Registered
745 Posts
Where are you guys getting your Fog Light HID kits? My research shows we have a 899 bulb in our fog lights for the 2006 Titan but I have yet to find a HID kit for that bulb. I have had a set of HID's in my Low beams for some time now...

Reactions: Tmoses

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sumair is absolutely correct. Compared to OEM or OEM type/aftermarket most of the others are somewhat lacking in quality. Compared to our bmws the Titan and motorcycle take longer to warm up (both DDM kits). I can't really compare the intensity of the light as the Z4 and E46 both have projectors built to handle Xenon lighting systems, the bikes projectors are small and therefore the beam is focused intensely. The Titan throws light everywhere, but it is much brighter than the stock halogen bulbs.

I can also vouch (at least on my truck) it is not terribly blinding with the DDM kit as I drove past the Titan on a 2 way street in my Z4. Also had friends drive the Z4 while I drove the E46 on the highway and it wasn't bad at all (but the E46 has self dimming rearview mirror and tinted side mirrors).

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I do have a light meeter and have measured several different HID kits. All put out ~ same light within the margin of error (.1X). The lower the number like 4100 put out more light then 5000 and the 10000 bulbs were less then standard Halogen.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
I'm buying a DDM kit myself. If I don't like it I'll sell it for $50 shipped ..I think it cost $60 plus shipping for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm buying a DDM kit myself. If I don't like it I'll sell it for $50 shipped ..I think it cost $60 plus shipping for me.
Try the Raptor kit for 39.95. Only problem is that they are running way behind so there is a little delay in shipping. It's cheaper and supposedly made in the USA. I bought one but I guess they ran out of them and shipped me the more expensive DDM Digital kit.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
You got lucky with the more epxensive kit! It's not a money issue for me though. It's a matter of do I want the kit and the possible hassle that comes with it (police, theft, ect)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Search "HIDGATE" on eBay. I'm running them on my 300....waiting on my order for my TITAN! You wont be disappointed.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
^what kind of BMW is that? I used to have a 98 328is and I miss it :( they are awesome cars..

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Awesome. Pretty neat when you can wake up in the morning, go to the garage and decide which car to drive huh?

Back on topic though, does an HID ballast suck up more power than a regular bulb or less power. I ask because my Bronco is 20yrs old and doesn't have a, as great power setup as these newer cars/trucks. I don't want my power across the board too low for everything else.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Awesome. Pretty neat when you can wake up in the morning, go to the garage and decide which car to drive huh?

Back on topic though, does an HID ballast suck up more power than a regular bulb or less power. I ask because my Bronco is 20yrs old and doesn't have a, as great power setup as these newer cars/trucks. I don't want my power across the board too low for everything else.
Yeah, Im not too sure how much voltage HID's emit, especially if your planning on hooking a set up to your Bronco. I'd leave it to the pros who can answer your question.

And yes, its a lovely feeling in the morning...just puts a hole in my pocket thats all......

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts

Less power is used to put out more light...

Normal bulb 55Watt
HID = 35 Watt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts