Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time here. I'd like thank everyone's comments and pictures as I read a lot of them before I bought my new Deepwater, Graphite-Titanium SE KC 4x2 this past weekened in Orlando, Florida. I read a lot of the many valuable comments of the owners in this forum. I found this info along with the various magazine articles very helpful in making my decision. I just wanted a middle of the line truck with the Utility bed pkg and the Pop pkg.w bench. I did not want the Big Tow pkg but I wanted to have a tow hitch installed for a future 19 ft boat. Im extremely happy with my purchase and so are the wife and mother in law. I've been getting a lot of nice comments from neighbors and folks at work. I also considered the new F150 and the DC Tundra. Neither vehicle fit my requirements including price as well as the Titan.
My deal? Got it at invoice with the factory class IV hitch and bed divider also at close to invoice.

PS. Yes it is big and it barely fits in my garage but what a pleasure to drive. It's quick and its got a lot of power! I've owned various Ford trucks before but nothing rides, sounds and drives like this. If I run into any problems I'll let the 5 year 100,000 miles extended warranty take care of them.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Welcome aboard Chico and glad your part of the club :cheers:

It has also been very refreshing lately to hear a lot more people are 'doing thier research' on the truck and here on TT.

Anyone else out there who is 'considering a Titan' or has some questions...feel free to register and post em. These guys and gals on this board are truly some wonderful people.

Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was in a car accident last Wednesday with my 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE. My friend and I are alive now because of the air bags and seat belts. But anyways, my parents need me to run my own errands, get to school, and help out with the family business. We agreed: "Safety first" and then called up our Nissan dealership and they arranged for us to test drive the Titan for a day. It was quite the experience. It took a while to get used to barely stepping on the gas and then finding myself accidentally speeding, but i loved it. My parents have the comfort of knowing that it has 3rd generation air bags, a solid frame, and it's tremedous size. We negotiated a fair price on a Smoke 4x2 Titan SE with Popular Pkg (25,500). Well, i've only driven it about 100 miles, but i love the attention that it gets.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good for you in both cases, safety and fun! You also got a pretty good deal too. I don't know what it is about this truck, yes it is big but when you are driving it feels like you have a lot of control and pick up speed at your disposal like you would in a smaller sportier vehicle.

hwwaaahhhhh said:
I was in a car accident last Wednesday with my 1999 Nissan Pathfinder LE. My friend and I are alive now because of the air bags and seat belts. But anyways, my parents need me to run my own errands, get to school, and help out with the family business. We agreed: "Safety first" and then called up our Nissan dealership and they arranged for us to test drive the Titan for a day. It was quite the experience. It took a while to get used to barely stepping on the gas and then finding myself accidentally speeding, but i loved it. My parents have the comfort of knowing that it has 3rd generation air bags, a solid frame, and it's tremedous size. We negotiated a fair price on a Smoke 4x2 Titan SE with Popular Pkg (25,500). Well, i've only driven it about 100 miles, but i love the attention that it gets.

·
Registered
359 Posts
A hearty welcome to both of you and believe me, the Titan experience just gets better as the miles roll up! Hwwaaahhhh, I'm very glad that you and your friend weren't injured in your wreck...thank goodness for air bags! :cheers:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Funny you should say that.
I logged on tonight to find a PM from a new member with 0 posts, he's shopping locally and wanted my expierence here in the Philly area.

With >550 members our collective knowledge and expierence is a godsend for any Titan shopper :computern

CaliforniaTitan said:
Anyone else out there who is 'considering a Titan' or has some questions...feel free to register and post em. These guys and gals on this board are truly some wonderful people.

Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome guys, I am glad to know that the Titan has the "weight switch" and child safety seat airbag shutoff in passenger seat. A 7 year old girl (one of my best friends in high schools daughter) was in a wreck (volkswagon) and the passenger airbag broke her jaw in several places and she has been in the hospital quite a while. This all happened at a speed of less than 25 mph!

It was in a school zone in front of my business, the other car just pulled in front of them from a turning lane. These air bags are really dangerous for small children, glad Nissan put some thought into kids ending up in front seat.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have to say that my wife and I were each an an accident in our 95 Pathfinder. The first time she was T-boned by a pickup and pushed the car 20 feet sideways before he stopped.

She walked out of the truck and kicked his a$$! Then drove it home!

I had a person run a red light in a Ram I took off his nose. Other than a sprained thumb and a pulled mussel in my back, No damage.

Either we are blessed, or Nissan builds one HE77 of a safe vehicle!

Safe vehicles never save you from stupid driving. It is a fun vehicle, but be safe!

·
Registered
140 Posts
After the wreck, i noticed that the airbags looked like they exploded from the center of the wheel and passenger dash (not an even opening but a tear). I have what looks like burn marks on my hips and shoulder from where the seat belt held me back. I broke 2 toes because i was driving with bear feet (coming from the beach). Both my knees were bruised from hitting the dash.

We struck a tree at an angle doing 65 mph. The people following us who pulled over said that after the impact we spun around in the air and landed ON a fence. Scarey...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts