Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a majestic blue titan and as anyone who has ever owned a dark colored vehicle can tell you...THEY SHOW EVERYTHING. They look great when they are clean and waxed but you have to be really careful about the products you use. If you guys have found a product or a series of products that gives a durable long lasting shine give me a shout. I ususally use mother's prodcuts but, although I am happy with the shine, I would like to find something more durable. Has anyone tried the new turtle ice yet? I have looked at it in the store but am hesitant to try it without some recomendations.

·
Registered
61 Posts
turtle wax blue ice is one of the best products i have ever used,from the clay bar (liquid), wax, spray detail, and car wash. the wax impressed me the most when waxing over the moldings, it doesn't leave any chalky residue. the wax is also easy to apply and remove. as for longevity wise, i have red from some members it doesn't last as long, but so far so good on my truck. all and all, i really think its a great product, and many members also could say the same thing.:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try Collinite Insulator Wax, it can be found at most Advance Auto stores in the marine section. Lasts a long time and has a nice shine to it.

Also Duragloss products at Carquest are excellent. On my GB Titan I use the Collinite as a base then top it with the Duragloss Aquawax.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I always use Meguiars NXT. Great wax, easy on/easy off. Normally leave a coat on all night with the Titan in the garage. Wipes off so easy the next day.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Go here: www.poorboysworld.com Pro quality stuff that is easy to apply and remove. I just finished a complete machine polish job topped with two layers of sealant and one layer of paste wax. Great stuff... killer finish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used to manage a large auto parts store that sold most every brand of car wax. By far the best product I've ever used is Liquid Glass. It lasts a lot longer then standard car wax and it also protects the paint. You can also put on multiple coats. The more coats, the deeper the shine. Its good stuff.

You can order it at liquidglass.com or buy it at some of the larger auto parts chains.

·
Registered
257 Posts
poorboys!!!!!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I tried the Meguires NXT a couple months ago, it goes on and off easy. It seems to be lasting longer then some of the other waxes I've used, the water still beeds like I just put it on.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just found some other threads on this subject. I had a brain fart and forgot no three letter searches. There are some products out there I have never heard of. With a dark color is seems like you have to wax after every wash. There are always those super fine scratches that show themselves when the sun shines just right if you don't. And yes, I am very careful about how I wash it. I've tried several types of mits and soft brushes, always the same story. I had a friend at work suggest long haul products and haven't found it mentioned here. Anyone ever try it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
always used zaino. they're a little bit on the pricey side..but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Klasse high gloss sealant glaze works really well. It is pretty expensive - about $20 per bottle. But you only have to apply it once every 6 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts