Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set of LT275/65 R18 Wrangler AT/S's for the truck and just finished an 800 mile round trip tow with my 29ft TT. Happy to report that they are much better than the stock S-RA's! Way more aggressive tread and way more solid under load. They are slightly small diameter, but considered within spec for the rolling diameter as they do not affect the speedo. Could not be happier!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
That is good to hear.
I plan to do something similar when my Titan is ready for new shoes.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for the info...I am close to new tires and know that I need a better tire for towing my 28ft RV trailer...so I have been researching. What about everyday driving...not too stiff?

:bandit:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I tow a 5th wheel as well. I only have 12,500 miles on the stock Goodyear RS/A tires and they were almost bald. I can't say I am the most conservative driver, but ONLY 12,500??? Today I bought a set of Firestone Transforce LT275/70R18, E-Load rated tires. I am so happy with the drive home, but now I am wondering what I should set the tire pressure at. The Nissan dealer put them at 39 lbs. They have an 80 lbs max, but I have no idea what to set them at. I also wonder if they put them at 39 to keep the tire pressure warning light from coming on. Any comments to help me out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts