Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the apps on the Nissan infotainment is a Google Search. When I try to use it, it says I must be connected via bluetooth with my android device.

Well I am connected via bluetooth and it doesn't work at all.

Any suggestions on getting it to work?

·
Registered
149 Posts
So one of the apps on the Nissan infotainment is a Google Search. When I try to use it, it says I must be connected via bluetooth with my android device.

Well I am connected via bluetooth and it doesn't work at all.

Any suggestions on getting it to work?
I just tried it also and it doesn't work. That's in my 2017 Titan PR.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Why would you bother? Just say "Hey Google,..." and your Google Assistant will answer. Runs through the car speakers if bluetooth connected. I can't be bothered to switch over to the Nissan Apps screen when I just have to say the magic words.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why would you bother? Just say "Hey Google,..." and your Google Assistant will answer. Runs through the car speakers if bluetooth connected. I can't be bothered to switch over to the Nissan Apps screen when I just have to say the magic words.
Exactly.

I don’t get why anyone insist on using built in outdated nav or other apps when your phone is the most up to date, user friendly device you can use.

My job just got me a new Malibu and for the life of me I can’t figure out why in a 2018 Malibu I have to physically plug the phone in to use Apple Car Play. Automakers suck at technology.

On top of that, do you remember when they used to build the dashboards that kind of wrapped around a bit to help you reach all of the controls on the dash? Well they don't do that anymore either so touchscreens are out of reach. I regret selling my 2002 Tahoe. Very user friendly, well thought out design. Now it’s form over function when we could easily have both.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Exactly.

I don’t get why anyone insist on using built in outdated nav or other apps when your phone is the most up to date, user friendly device you can use.

My job just got me a new Malibu and for the life of me I can’t figure out why in a 2018 Malibu I have to physically plug the phone in to use Apple Car Play. Automakers suck at technology.

On top of that, do you remember when they used to build the dashboards that kind of wrapped around a bit to help you reach all of the controls on the dash? Well they don't do that anymore either so touchscreens are out of reach. I regret selling my 2002 Tahoe. Very user friendly, well thought out design. Now it’s form over function when we could easily have both.
Just another in the long list of Nissan infotainment disappointing performance threads.
Well I can say have apple car play in my 19’ is a huge upgrade and pleasure... Yet it doesn't benefit me when I drive my 16’ xd..

Car makers need to just provide the screen and bluetooth...allowing the owner to sync their phone and use as the brains and control for the system... Upgrade your phone?? Now your infotainment is upgraded...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not the Titan unit. The app on your phone. Is the Nissan app active when you try to use Google search on your truck's screen? If you are using the app more than two options show up on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only Nissan app installed on my phone is the one that does the remote start and remote door locking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Open the Nissan Connect App, plug in phone via USB, then give it some time to connect then try it. That seems to work for my truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts