Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i decided on the titan and am steping down from a 2006 2500 loaded duramax. but i'm saving money. i will be lifting and customizing my truck and can tell that this forum will be informative. one question is do some truck come with a painted to match front end and others are chrome. i pick up my 2008 cc le titan on monday in red brawn but i like the painted front and want to know how to get it. thanks

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
fastcrazyhurt said:
hi i decided on the titan and am steping down from a 2006 2500 loaded duramax. but i'm saving money. i will be lifting and customizing my truck and can tell that this forum will be informative. one question is do some truck come with a painted to match front end and others are chrome. i pick up my 2008 cc le titan on monday in red brawn but i like the painted front and want to know how to get it. thanks
LE comes with the chrome front end. I believe the SE does as well. The XE trim has the painted front, IIRC.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
LE comes with the chrome front end. I believe the SE does as well. The XE trim has the painted front, IIRC.....
I'd get a XE if it had the chrome bumper and grill...I hate the painted front.

I guess I had no idea that was a preferred color for the front end -- to have the grill/bumper color-keyed to the rest of the truck.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
You'd have to trade grille and bumper..... Not hard, just expensive to ship.....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Or ask somebody at a meet. bbomar surprised me by asking to trade grilles at the NC Meet, gave me his chrome center for my painted center. Blackbeauty was an expert at making the switch. Perfect!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
You'd have to trade grille and bumper..... Not hard, just expensive to ship.....
Don't forget all the brackets as well.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
fastcrazyhurt said:
what are some good aftermarket part sites for grilles and such

Im with you i like the color matched bumpers. I tried forever to get someone to trade me but it was to big a hassle and different states and stuff. Start with the grill, or get a used color matched grill in the for sale threads. I think i gave up on the bumper. The chrome at least is stronger than the plastic and wont chip so easy. Here is a link to a thread with pics from 2 different painted colormatched grills you can look at for ideas.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...eadsleds-new-look-big-thanx-kyle-stillen.html

·
Registered
301 Posts
You can also buy PRO-X. I think cheapest will be to get it panted at a paint shop, should be only $200 or so. I got both rear and front bumpers painted on my Benz for $300 for chips and scrathes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts