Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was sitting on titan talk, and my son yelled at me saying (dad hogs). They were about 12 of them about 250 yards, I shot this one and the rest ran off. Could not get another shot on one. 100_0278_edited.JPG

100_0279_edited.JPG

100_0283_edited.JPG Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. I meant to post it in the hunting section. So if possible can a mod move it for me. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,147 Posts
Did you wrestle with the hog because your pants seemed a little roughed up. j/k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Nice - That's some good eatin'!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EVO8 said:
Did you wrestle with the hog because your pants seemed a little roughed up. j/k.
No just some old pants for doing crap like that. I was hoping no one would notice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
konigfritz said:
Hey Helo, how has your hog caged worked out, or has it?
I caught four that one night, I posted the pics in the original hog trap thread. But I haven't caught any since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DawgBone said:
Nice - That's some good eatin'!
The last ones that I killed I boiled the back strap in liquid crab boil and the cooked it on the pit. It was REAL goooood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
Save some for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TallTexan said:
Save some for me.
You bet, I bet we saw 30 hogs in the last 4 days. We also saw atleast 20 deer. The wildlife is all over right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
Congrats on the pig!! Some good eating for sure.

We had six deer in the freezer at the end of deer season, now we are probably down to the last one and a turkey. Hunting season better hurry up, i'd hate to have to buy beef,lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tnbowhunter said:
Congrats on the pig!! Some good eating for sure.

We had six deer in the freezer at the end of deer season, now we are probably down to the last one and a turkey. Hunting season better hurry up, i'd hate to have to buy beef,lol.
Thanks. We got about 2.5 hogs left and maybe 2 deer left. Trying to conserve the deer meat, and you are right hunting seasons needs to hurry up. I just ordered another deer stand, trying to get ready for the season. Last year was a real rush job trying to get some stands out. We moved hear just a couple months before the season started.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,128 Posts
We are over-run with deer, but can't harvest them. They will eat every kind of vegetation, except daffodils. I let the dog chase them now and then, although he is even growing tired of that as there are so many of them and he has chased them so many times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bestatchess said:
We are over-run with deer, but can't harvest them. They will eat every kind of vegetation, except daffodils. I let the dog chase them now and then, although he is even growing tired of that as there are so many of them and he has chased them so many times.
Why can't yall harvest them. If they are tearing up stuff here than we are allowed to kill them even out of season. We are not allowed to clean and eat them out of season though.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,128 Posts
helomech said:
Why can't yall harvest them. If they are tearing up stuff here than we are allowed to kill them even out of season. We are not allowed to clean and eat them out of season though.
We are ruled by old women and transplanted Californians. One guy popped one with a bow and they wanted a life sentence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bestatchess said:
We are ruled by old women and transplanted Californians. One guy popped one with a bow and they wanted a life sentence.
That sucks. What state are you in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
bestatchess said:
We are ruled by old women and transplanted Californians.
LMAO, I think I started a thread about how weird some people in Cali were. One area was having a terrible coyote problem and their answer was to issue all of the citizens "air horns" to scare the coyotes off. Can you imagine the noise that must of made.:ftard: :ftard:

BTW helomech, bestatchess lives in the great state of Colorado.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tnbowhunter said:
LMAO, I think I started a thread about how weird some people in Cali were. One area was having a terrible coyote problem and their answer was to issue all of the citizens "air horns" to scare the coyotes off. Can you imagine the noise that must of made.:ftard: :ftard:

BTW helomech, bestatchess lives in the great state of Colorado.
That must have been something to see, a bunch of people blowing air horns.
I thought colorado was a hunting and gun friendly state. Guess I was wrong.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top