Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my girl and i were coming back from the store when a guy in a crossfire flies by us to the next red light. we were next to him at the red light when i asked my girl, do you think he wants to race? the light turned green and he was off. i wasnt even expecting that so i mashed it and could never catch him. it might have been different if i was ready and powerbraking it?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Those things are zippy.
You do have a chance of beating one if it breaks down when it tries to leave the light.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know what kind of hp those cars have? i am pissed that i left so late and wasnt expecting him to race.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
three lengths, what pisses me off the most is i new he wanted to race but i listened to my girl. i wish i could have least given him a run.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I talked to a guy that owned one and he said they basically have a mercedes motor in them...don't know anything else more specific, but he loved it...those cars can't possibly weigh much anyway. Don't see how our trucks built for work can possibly take a motor with a little sheet metal around it like a crossfire. It's no wannabe ricer. My wife is actually kicking it around in her head that she should maybe look to buy one (or at least test drive)...then she saw the altima coupe, and I'll bet that's what she goes for (I'm hoping for the Z) We've had nothing but great experiences with Nissan to strongly consider other makes, but it's possible.

I have to hand it to Chrysler/Dodge...some of the cars they are coming out with now are pretty nice looking and seem to be built pretty well. Don't like the trucks, but this whole new lineup from the 300, charger, magnum, crossfire, etc. are nice designs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tell your wife that the altima coupe is bad ash. i test drove one before i bought my titan and i think it blows away the z. i would have bought it if the price was a little lower, but i love my titan now and would never trade it for another.

·
Registered
254 Posts
3.2-liter Mercedes V-6 (215 horsepower, 229 pound-feet of torque), the Crossfire surges to 60 in 6.5 seconds, to 100 in 16.1, and through the quarter-mile in 14.8 seconds at 96 mph.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
3 lengths already ahead was to far already. Its pointless. I am sure you would have given him a run for his money from a dig, but, we will never know unless you find him again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Crippen, I was just visiting out in Temecula a few months ago, pretty country. My brother in law just retired from the navy out there and lives in Temecula...also a Titan owner.

Back on topic...I know our trucks are fast, but it's hard to compete with these higher powered little cars, but who really wants to anyway? I know our current Maxima will leave my truck in the dust, and that's with my wife driving the Max.

As for the price on the new coupe, it's really not all that bad, but she likes to buy a car fully loaded, and she just can't get "everything" in the coupe, so it may or may not happen. Just what "everything" is I don't know yet...I stay out of the process due to some past differences in opinions when it comes to the new car purchases!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts