Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i picked up my axle today with my new 3:73's!!! It is a sure as sh*t factory oem titan axle regeared to 3:73! So i am gonna get it in tomorrow and see how she works and i am getting the prices in order so i can get a kit going. And i am not sure excactly how it was done so sorry if i cant answer those queastions, but you all will have this option very soon!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll let you know in a few hours when i get the axle put in.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i got it in and have about 50 miles on it so far. Not a single light on or any problems except the no cruise control. These gears are so much nicer! alot more off the line power. At 65 its at 2000 rpm. Its a really big difference on the hills, lots more torque.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also i do not have the SLIP thing so i am unsure how it will affect that

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Where did you get it from?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not a bolt in set, at leastnot quite. Its a modified dana 44 ring and pinion and a custom spacer for the ring gear, as there are no carrier breaks for the dana 50 carrier that is in our axles. There a few other little things too. All went together quite well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So still going strong. No lights at all and got about 80 miles on it. So do you guys think there would be a demand for this?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
What is the final drive ratio after reduction by the transmission?? For example the stock 3.36's equate to a 4.10 rear.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not sure. but it doesnt feel too low at all. Just right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from what the radar sign on the side of the road says not too much. About 2 miles an hour. And i can only supply kits if: there is enough interest (like 30 to 50 people) and dana quites being little bit*hes and gives me there propriatary information on the metal type and brunell/rockwell rating on the ring gear. So far interest in this has been a litlle disappointing. but i still have hope!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ya, i hear from dana on monday so keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
A set of 3.73's for 33"-35" tires sounds awesome. In first gear, it should feel pretty low geared, like you had a set of 4.56's...

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
bigtit said:
So far interest in this has been a litlle disappointing. but i still have hope!
well with only 49 posts perhaps you haven't seen the handful of threads promising gears so you'll have to understand the hesitation by most. trust me, there's plenty of interest! we just need some solid evidence! there's a shatload of us lifted with 35's dying for gears although we can still smoke 35" tires!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
hooligan said:
well with only 49 posts perhaps you haven't seen the handful of threads promising gears so you'll have to understand the hesitation by most. trust me, there's plenty of interest! we just need some solid evidence! there's a shatload of us lifted with 35's dying for gears although we can still smoke 35" tires!
I dont know about your tires Hooli but mine only smoke when I've done 2 hours at 80mph!!:jester: definitly plenty of interest on this site, just give us some proof. not to be a skeptic but many said it could not get done.
but to you..:cheers:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
jasonmotox said:
I dont know about your tires Hooli but mine only smoke when I've done 2 hours at 80mph!!:jester: definitly plenty of interest on this site, just give us some proof. not to be a skeptic but many said it could not get done.
but to you..:cheers:
LOL!!! i hear ya! just did over 1000 miles cruising up and down the california coast!!! i'm telling ya, i could've used some gears for the hill climbing rather than scaring the shyte out of people with the roaring banks on downshift, hahaha!!!

so let's hope these gears are the real deal!!! :upsidedow

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
So bigin -what's up with cruise does it just not engage? Also go have the dealer or a buddy plug in Consult and get a sensor reading between tranny and ecu and report back. I bet you the mph is +8 or plus 10 off from each sensor. If someone has Cipher in your area data log the two vehicle speed sensor params.

Also can you try stomping the gas at like 45mph and see what happens and report back? I want to know if the downshifting is working correctly.

Those problems listed above were my biggest obsticales however I just reflashed the ECU from a 2.94 to a 3.36 and all went fine afterwards.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts