Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...And I'm getting it put on this week. I'm stoked! I have been reading that you shoud neck down the y-pipe to a 2 1/2" pipe to keep some of your bottom end power. Has anyone actually done this with the Banks exhaust? Do you think it helped? Thanks!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm stupid jealous, mine got delivered 2 days ago....too bad i'm 2 months from going home. I cant wait to read about how you like it after the install

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
You both will be pleased.By far the Bank's/Titan combo I think sounds the best. Leave the system as is, don't fabricate or change anything,the bottom end loss is minimal. Surely nothing that a CAI or a BDGt couldn't fix if indeed necessary.ENJOY!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I left the system the way it came.What little bottom end I lost the programmer brought back and then some.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I've had my Bank's for over 2 year's now & it's a great exhaust! I also did the Y-Pipe swap that you are talking about. I used a Flowmaster 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe & had my local exhaust shop weld it in for me for $60. This will improve the low-mid range TQ, over the Bank's 3" Y-Pipe.

Here's a list of what i used:
a few feet of 2.25" pipe (the shop should have 2.25" piping laying around)
(2) 2.25" 3/8" thick flanges
(1) 2.25"-3" Flowmaster "scavenger" Y-Pipe

I forget where i got my Y-Pipe, but i think it was Summit?
Here's where i got my flanges: 2-Bolt Flat Flange

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
...And I'm getting it put on this week. I'm stoked! I have been reading that you shoud neck down the y-pipe to a 2 1/2" pipe to keep some of your bottom end power. Has anyone actually done this with the Banks exhaust? Do you think it helped? Thanks!
When I added my JBA headers, I had the Stillen bpipes added which were 2.5" and then had it connected to the Banks y pipe.

Added UpRev.

Got the bottom end back.:teethmast

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have mentioned that I put the Banks Intake on my Titan about two weeks ago...I would have never believed that a bolt on intake would have added the power that the Banks provided. I wonder if the intake would offset any minimal loss of bottom end that the exhaust might cause. Anyone runnin the same combo? Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm stupid jealous, mine got delivered 2 days ago....too bad i'm 2 months from going home. I cant wait to read about how you like it after the install
I'll be sure to let you know. If it sounds half as good as the clips I've heard on the internet, I'll be pleased.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
my bottom end loss was minimal as well. i wouldnt waste the $ on a Y pipe unless your racing or towing heavy a lot. awsome sounding exhaust

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I intially installed the Bank's Cai, then the Bank's monster exhaust and lastly the BDGT. With each bolt on there was certainly a noticable increase of Tq and Hp each time. Like I said earlier, leave the exhaust intact ...its not worth the added work and $$.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
one of the sickiest sounding exhaust systems. i wounldnt modify the y-pipe. the only thing i would do is dump it with the tip cause i like it a little louder.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have the banks exhaust. I noticed alot of low end tq loss. I own it up to heavy tires and 2.94 gears but the 2" to 3" difference from b pipes to exhaust didn't help either. Now I have my stock y pipe into a flowmaster collector ran to the banks muffler and dumped it before the axle. I gained back my tq and lost all the drone the banks has during acceleration. Soon ill be changing mufflers and selling the banks exhaust.

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
I have the banks exhaust. I noticed alot of low end tq loss. I own it up to heavy tires and 2.94 gears but the 2" to 3" difference from b pipes to exhaust didn't help either. Now I have my stock y pipe into a flowmaster collector ran to the banks muffler and dumped it before the axle. I gained back my tq and lost all the drone the banks has during acceleration. Soon ill be changing mufflers and selling the banks exhaust.
DIBS!!:teethmast:teethmast

·
Registered
968 Posts
you do loose a little bottom but what all these guys dont mention is the increase in top end a 3 inch Y gives! for truck pulls where i am full throttle from first to 2nd for 20-30 seconds i love the banks period! and yes it sounds great!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Yes, you are correct! The Bank's 3" Y is great on the interstate passing car's, but most of us do most of our driving around town from light to light & could benefit from using a little smaller of a Y. It is a give & take when choosing the correct size for your driving style. It took me year's to get my exhaust piping size balanced properly! :)

Reactions: Elbowoodscout

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
The only thing I'd consider changing on the Banks is to replace the crush clamps with band clamps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts