Nissan Titan Forum banner

Got My Banks Exhaust...

14560 Views 32 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  Anavrin351
...And I'm getting it put on this week. I'm stoked! I have been reading that you shoud neck down the y-pipe to a 2 1/2" pipe to keep some of your bottom end power. Has anyone actually done this with the Banks exhaust? Do you think it helped? Thanks!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
I'm stupid jealous, mine got delivered 2 days ago....too bad i'm 2 months from going home. I cant wait to read about how you like it after the install

· Registered
3,257 Posts
You both will be pleased.By far the Bank's/Titan combo I think sounds the best. Leave the system as is, don't fabricate or change anything,the bottom end loss is minimal. Surely nothing that a CAI or a BDGt couldn't fix if indeed necessary.ENJOY!

· Registered
144 Posts
I left the system the way it came.What little bottom end I lost the programmer brought back and then some.

· Registered
8,674 Posts
I've had my Bank's for over 2 year's now & it's a great exhaust! I also did the Y-Pipe swap that you are talking about. I used a Flowmaster 2.25"-3" Y-Pipe & had my local exhaust shop weld it in for me for $60. This will improve the low-mid range TQ, over the Bank's 3" Y-Pipe.

Here's a list of what i used:
a few feet of 2.25" pipe (the shop should have 2.25" piping laying around)
(2) 2.25" 3/8" thick flanges
(1) 2.25"-3" Flowmaster "scavenger" Y-Pipe

I forget where i got my Y-Pipe, but i think it was Summit?
Here's where i got my flanges: 2-Bolt Flat Flange

· Premium Member
9,495 Posts
...And I'm getting it put on this week. I'm stoked! I have been reading that you shoud neck down the y-pipe to a 2 1/2" pipe to keep some of your bottom end power. Has anyone actually done this with the Banks exhaust? Do you think it helped? Thanks!
When I added my JBA headers, I had the Stillen bpipes added which were 2.5" and then had it connected to the Banks y pipe.

Added UpRev.

Got the bottom end back.:teethmast

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have mentioned that I put the Banks Intake on my Titan about two weeks ago...I would have never believed that a bolt on intake would have added the power that the Banks provided. I wonder if the intake would offset any minimal loss of bottom end that the exhaust might cause. Anyone runnin the same combo? Thanks!

· Registered
1,604 Posts
my bottom end loss was minimal as well. i wouldnt waste the $ on a Y pipe unless your racing or towing heavy a lot. awsome sounding exhaust

· Registered
3,257 Posts
I intially installed the Bank's Cai, then the Bank's monster exhaust and lastly the BDGT. With each bolt on there was certainly a noticable increase of Tq and Hp each time. Like I said earlier, leave the exhaust intact ...its not worth the added work and $$.

· Registered
7,340 Posts
one of the sickiest sounding exhaust systems. i wounldnt modify the y-pipe. the only thing i would do is dump it with the tip cause i like it a little louder.

· Registered
519 Posts
I have the banks exhaust. I noticed alot of low end tq loss. I own it up to heavy tires and 2.94 gears but the 2" to 3" difference from b pipes to exhaust didn't help either. Now I have my stock y pipe into a flowmaster collector ran to the banks muffler and dumped it before the axle. I gained back my tq and lost all the drone the banks has during acceleration. Soon ill be changing mufflers and selling the banks exhaust.

· Registered
14,458 Posts
I have the banks exhaust. I noticed alot of low end tq loss. I own it up to heavy tires and 2.94 gears but the 2" to 3" difference from b pipes to exhaust didn't help either. Now I have my stock y pipe into a flowmaster collector ran to the banks muffler and dumped it before the axle. I gained back my tq and lost all the drone the banks has during acceleration. Soon ill be changing mufflers and selling the banks exhaust.
DIBS!!:teethmast:teethmast

· Registered
999 Posts
you do loose a little bottom but what all these guys dont mention is the increase in top end a 3 inch Y gives! for truck pulls where i am full throttle from first to 2nd for 20-30 seconds i love the banks period! and yes it sounds great!

· Registered
8,674 Posts
Yes, you are correct! The Bank's 3" Y is great on the interstate passing car's, but most of us do most of our driving around town from light to light & could benefit from using a little smaller of a Y. It is a give & take when choosing the correct size for your driving style. It took me year's to get my exhaust piping size balanced properly! :)

Reactions: Elbowoodscout
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.