359 Posts
Cool! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NITEBLITZ said:
rrumaner:

Are the strobes for emergency response ?

NITEBLITZ
Yes they are. I am a volunteer with my local county Emergency Management Agency. We are authorized to use Blue/White lights are emergency scenes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Emergency Response Strobes

rrumaner said:
Yes they are. I am a volunteer with my local county Emergency Management Agency. We are authorized to use Blue/White lights are emergency scenes.

Hello rrumaner:

I chuckled a little wondering if a few in the group were scratching their heads trying to figure out why you elected to enhance your Titan with strobe lights. :huh: :lol: Especially those flashing blue ones!

I think in another thread you were trying to store some items that lead me to believe you were in emergency response! My hat's off to you for doing that job!

I sure hope when I need help that my responder's in a Titan! :cheers:

NITEBLITZ

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NITEBLITZ said:
My hat's off to you for doing that job!
Thank you for that.

It is a rewarding job and I recommend it to anyone that 1) has the time and 2) has the desire to help people.

Finding the time is the hardest thing to do. We have training weekly on Wednesday nights, are on call 24x7x365 and are asked to help out with traffic/crowd control at local events throughout the county (550 sq. miles).

Last year we had 132 calls and 25 details on top of the weekly meeting/training nights. Current membership is approximately 40. All of this is done as a volunteer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
rrumaner said:
Thank you for that.

It is a rewarding job and I recommend it to anyone that 1) has the time and 2) has the desire to help people.

Finding the time is the hardest thing to do. We have training weekly on Wednesday nights, are on call 24x7x365 and are asked to help out with traffic/crowd control at local events throughout the county (550 sq. miles).

Last year we had 132 calls and 25 details on top of the weekly meeting/training nights. Current membership is approximately 40. All of this is done as a volunteer.
I see what you mean about time! Dude that's a serious committment!

NITEBLITZ

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RI Xterra said:
Deffinetly looks good...How much does the tint throw off the output???
It really doesn't effect them much. I was worried about that when I bought them, but they are so bright that they show through realy well. When they are off, you cannot see them unless you look real close and then all you see is a reflection from the lenses.

I tried to get a picture of them from outside when turned off and all I got was window.

I got to use them for 5 hours yesterday. Had a bad windstorm and a few trees took down some power lines. I got to babysit them for 5 hours until the local crews were able to get the power off and the trees cut up. Had to close the road for about an hour. I simply put the truck in the middle of the two lanes and lit it up.

What was interesting is how wide and squat the truck really is. You don't notice it until you are coming up from behind it and see it blocking half of each lane. With the lights on, it is a serious road block. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts