Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got my tires and level kit in my posession!! Gonna throw the kit on tonight and the T is going in tomorrow to get aligned and the tires put on. I am pretty excited to see the outcome:teethmast My first thought when I got my tires was they are never gonna fit! But after alittle measuring it is gonna be SUUUUUUPER tight. I got the 1.5" PRG used of a fellow member and picked up the Goodyear Duratracs in 305/55 R20. I will post some pics once I get it all installed tomorrow!

On a side note, does anyone know the size fo cotter pin that I need to use on the ball joint??

Attachments

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Gonna look sick man. 305 55 20's are gonna look clean on that. just get a relatively large pin, its just there to keep the nut from unscrewing itself.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Thems some beefy skins. :eyebrow:

Can't wait to see some pics.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got the level on last night! Pretty easy DIY if you have the tools to do it. Driver side took me about 1.5 hrs cuz of my own stupidity. Didn't back the nut all the way off the ball joint before knocking the spindle loose so the remaining rusty threads made the whole joint spin in the housing of the ball joint. Took me 45 mins to get that nut off!!:bangit: Passanger side took me a whole 30 mins and was smooth sailing. Like most said you learn on the first side! With my stock tires I was 39" all the way around once I was finished. (Give or take a 1/4 inch). Truck is in getting an alignment and tires mounted right now. I am not so patiently waiting for the call if the tires fit or not:confused: Hard to work when I have my fingers crossed all afternoon! HAHA.

So far I am happy with the $100 spacers and free labour that would have cost me $500 Supply & Install at the local 4x4 shop. Funny how my wife says it looked the same when I was all excited and asked what she thought! LOL

I'll post up some pics once I get her back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Funny how my wife says it looked the same when I was all excited and asked what she thought! LOL

I'll post up some pics once I get her back.
HAHAHA man i ahte when i get a gf to come look and shes says it looks the same. After a few weeks while friving she'll start to notice and say it looks better

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my T back. Excuse the dirty pics as the slushy snow is killing me right now. Here are some before and after pics.

I am pretty excited on how it turned out! Glad I picked the tire that i did! I took the front mud flaps off just in case they rubbed at the shop. Looks like they will fit back on with these tires but I am going to trim teh pinch weld a bit so that on bumpy corners It won't touch for sure with them on. I'll trim it up and put my factory mudflaps back on the front soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Got my T back. Excuse the dirty pics as the slushy snow is killing me right now. Here are some before and after pics.

I am pretty excited on how it turned out! Glad I picked the tire that i did! I took the front mud flaps off just in case they rubbed at the shop. Looks like they will fit back on with these tires but I am going to trim teh pinch weld a bit so that on bumpy corners It won't touch for sure with them on. I'll trim it up and put my factory mudflaps back on the front soon.
Looks good. Turned out great.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Tires are awesome. I got mine about a month ago. Drove 2900 miles from VA to WA last week and still look brand new, plus they're surprisingly quiet for how they look.

Reactions: CanadianKid

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was also very suprised at the noise that they make. For how aggresive they are, you don't really hear them with the radio on. I can feel the added weight when I take off tho. Not to bad. I wish I coulda had the rims powder coated while they were off but I didn't have time. Gonna have to wait till they turn into my winter tires once I get some 22's!!:teethmast

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Looks good. Cant wait to level mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts