Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 1st time ever, I got pulled w/ my Val one. The detector NEVER EVEN chirped. I was toasted. No hint at all. I have a v1.8 w/ laser detection. I never has any hint. I was alone on open road traveling at MACH1 so not chance to get scatter warning from leading cars.

NO INSTANT ON SIGNAL. NO LASER SIGNAL. NADDA. TOAST.
Any ideas?
Do I need to update to POP2 coverage? Will it help?
Do you think I got lasered? If so, do the laser jammers help? Which ones?
Vail help alot, a little, or just a gimmic?
:smoke:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
were you in your titan? Titan's have a lot of frontal area to aim for. I bet you got lasered if the V1 never even chirped, especially if you were alone on the open road.

That just sucks!

the police around here are getting good with the Ka instant on mounted in the BACK windshield....

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have heard they have some new technology they are trying. None of the radars can pick it up. It's suppossed to be pretty hard to get anything to pick it up or block it. This is some info i heard from some local cops that i am good friends with.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hey Machado,

it's a little late now...
but always ask the officer what he used to clock you with, the date it was manufactured, and the date of last calibration. You don't have to be a butt-head about it. Usually they run your license to check for warrants then come back and tell you if you are getting a ticket or warning - if he/she doesn't ask you to come and sit in the car then you can request to see the device used and ask the other questions. be sure to write it all down, just in case you decide to fight the ticket.
Fd

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fox Delta said:
were you in your titan? Titan's have a lot of frontal area to aim for. I bet you got lasered if the V1 never even chirped, especially if you were alone on the open road.

That just sucks!

the police around here are getting good with the Ka instant on mounted in the BACK windshield....
Yup- in the Titan. No chirp / open road. OUCH.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fox Delta said:
Hey Machado,

but always ask the officer what he used to clock you with, the date it was manufactured, and the date of last calibration. You don't have to be a butt-head about it. Usually they run your license to check for warrants then come back and tell you if you are getting a ticket or warning - if he/she doesn't ask you to come and sit in the car then you can request to see the device used and ask the other questions. be sure to write it all down, just in case you decide to fight the ticket.
Fd
I heard this once before and tried it. I was 16. The cop was not happy. He took LOTS of notes and I could tell he was preparing trial notes. Ticket resulted.
Since then, I have decided I would not ask UNTIL I was in court. The office may not know, and that just helps me win. If he does know details and calibration date, I can compare that to the manuf recs (if I know them) or the industry standards.
My best plan = PREVENTION. Laser jammers work??

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
geez Louise ---

I love my V1 and depend on it. At night I try to keep areound 10-13 mph over the posted limit (on 4 lanes and Interstates). during the daytime 15-20 over when the weather/visibility is good. BTW the cruise control won't hold past 90 or 93... you hit the "accel" button and nothing happens

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Machado7 said:
Laser jammers work??
I haven't seen anything that indicates that they do. Lots of "snake oil" when it comes to radar/laser jammers. :crying:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fox Delta said:
geez Louise ---

I love my V1 and depend on it. At night I try to keep areound 10-13 mph over the posted limit (on 4 lanes and Interstates). during the daytime 15-20 over when the weather/visibility is good. BTW the cruise control won't hold past 90 or 93... you hit the "accel" button and nothing happens
At night, after work, I cross several large bridges. 3 wide lanes and REALLY easy to get flying. I love my truck Quiet, fast.
Whatever they clocked me with was precise and fast. Must have been laser w/o scatter or misses that hit Val one- thus no signal.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fox Delta said:
I haven't seen anything that indicates that they do. Lots of "snake oil" when it comes to radar/laser jammers. :crying:
Snake oil sounds right. I know many spout opinions w/o good evidence (snake oil). Im a facts and evidence guy.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Machado7 said:
At night, after work, I cross several large bridges. 3 wide lanes and REALLY easy to get flying. I love my truck Quiet, fast.
Whatever they clocked me with was precise and fast. Must have been laser w/o scatter or misses that hit Val one- thus no signal.
Yep I could imagine feels so slow with all that empty concrete and the Titan flies so easily :teethmast
Yeah even the V1 website shows how easy it is for the detector to *not* detect a laser signal. I saw a cop pointing one at me and my V1 never made a sound. Those things are so fast that you're nailed by the time the V1 beeps. hope it wasn't too much $$$

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fox Delta said:
Yep I could imagine feels so slow with all that empty concrete and the Titan flies so easily :teethmast
Yeah even the V1 website shows how easy it is for the detector to *not* detect a laser signal. I saw a cop pointing one at me and my V1 never made a sound. Those things are so fast that you're nailed by the time the V1 beeps. hope it wasn't too much $$$
It will cost 1 kidney, and 1.....

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So, dare I ask. How fast is Mach 1 in a Titan?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TitanBlue said:
So, dare I ask. How fast is Mach 1 in a Titan?
84 in a 65 according to the cop. I passed a Jeep hanging out in the L lane causing a pile up about 3 miles back. It would have been much worse had the cop got me just after that (triple digits).

·
Registered
691 Posts
i have a really far out there idea

STOP SPEEDING

i think obeying the law is a good thing
it also keeps you from getting tickets...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rick Guess said:
i have a really far out there idea

STOP SPEEDING

i think obeying the law is a good thing
it also keeps you from getting tickets...
I know, I know- But this truck is sooo fast and so quiet that I have developed the need for speed.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Laser you cannot pick up, I shoot it and your toast, simple. Lasers are self calibrating and the officer takes a 1 day class to use it to be certified. I have never lost a case using a laser.

·
Registered
446 Posts
The only way the laser detector will work is if you are not the one targeted and it senses some scattered light.

That is not to say you can't beat ticket using LIDAR or other laser methods. No disrespect to any police officers on here, but you can do a FOIA request to see how much training they had (most haven't had more than a day and were not actually trained by someone qualified to conduct the training), you can question them on how many aberrant readings they had that day, you can question them about the effects of weather, you can seek to depose him prior to trial, you can get limited discovery of how many tickets the officer has issued and how many cases were dismissed and for what reasons. There are also a host of other things you can do to discredit them.

We did all this for someone who got a ticket by a statey here in Mass. - the statey failed to show up for the hearing and the case was dismissed.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Fox Delta said:
Hey Machado,

Fd
Doesn't matter, they don't have to show you any of those things, been there done that, told the judge that he wouldn't show them to me, judge said sorry pal, no law that says he has to, all he has to do is provide in court the paperwork. Nice, wasn't it, hell I couldn't even prove the paperwork was for the right unit. They can put anything they want to there, on the ticket there is nothing that ties the unit or his vehicle to that particular device. Kinda like alot of things when it comes to guilty before proven innocent in my take, and no I didn't type that backwards on accident, it's the facts.

·
Registered
365 Posts
we cant even use detectors here so i agree with rick guess.

stop speeding..... or stop whining:crying:

i speed but i always run with traffic, they are looking for the ones weaving in and out of traffic, of course you were alone so it was that much easier.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts