Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was playing in the mud and got stuck. My tractor won't even pull it out. Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
eek that sucks balls man.. how u gunna get her out ?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went out there and tried to jack it, but that ain't working to good either. I really don't know how I am going to get it out. I guess I could just quit paying on it and let the finance company get it out ( just kidding). I might have to let it dry out before it will come out. ANY ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
time to use some of that firewood and lay it perpendicluar to the tires. Then back over it and do the same in front of the tires. This will help raise and spread the truck weight over a greater area of the soupy mess your in. I used a pallet once in front of the front wheels once and was bale to drive up and over it. In my Jeep. the Shovel is your friend at this point

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
start digging her out, get some friends and a couple of cases of beer:)

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I destroyed one jack so far trying to get it up high enough to put something under it. Guess I will have to go and buy a nice jack.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Start digging all that mud out from underneath it and get some wood man.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Reminds me of what I did once, back in the Army days.

I inadvertantly drove a pickup into the mud, up to its axle. Couldn't get it out. They brought in a 2-1/2 Ton and it did the same. Then they brought in a huge Earth Grader and it did the same.

Next up was a call for a Chinook, but it finally dropped in temperature, and everybody drove out on there own. Only lost an entire 8 hours that day.

Got the new Co. Commander covered in mud too. He had heard such good things about me, nice I could make such an impression on him, the first time he came to jobsite. Ahem... :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
go get a really good and long snatch strap. use the tractor and pull from a 45degree angle.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming. It looks like it will be raining here for atleast one more day. I guess it will be there for a couple days. I will try to go to tractor supply tomorrow and buy a high lift jack and a snatch strap.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
TitanBlue said:
Reminds me of what I did once, back in the Army days.

I inadvertantly drove a pickup into the mud, up to its axle. Couldn't get it out. They brought in a 2-1/2 Ton and it did the same. Then they brought in a huge Earth Grader and it did the same.

Next up was a call for a Chinook, but it finally dropped in temperature, and everybody drove out on there own. Only lost an entire 8 hours that day.

Got the new Co. Commander covered in mud too. He had heard such good things about me, nice I could make such an impression on him, the first time he came to jobsite. Ahem... :)[/quote

that was an expensive day for the army. A chinook to get you out, that I would love to see

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Get the tractor hooked back up to your truck....Get some masonry mortar in the bag like they sell at home depot (dry powder stuff)..You may have to get several bags since you are so stuck in the mud...
Pour it all over and around the tires that are pulling and start trying to move the truck..You may have to keep adding the mortar as you start spinning because it is so wet..As soon as you get the area around the tires dried out it will get traction and start to move... that's when the tractor and the truck itself will be able to start moving a bit...You will need some other people to help you do all of this but it has got a lot of people unstuck on the construction sites over the years...
Good luck and let us know how it comes out...

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
redneckpapa1996 said:
Get the tractor hooked back up to your truck....Get some masonry mortar in the bag like they sell at home depot (dry powder stuff)..You may have to get several bags since you are so stuck in the mud...
Pour it all over and around the tires that are pulling and start trying to move the truck..You may have to keep adding the mortar as you start spinning because it is so wet..As soon as you get the area around the tires dried out it will get traction and start to move... that's when the tractor and the truck itself will be able to start moving a bit...You will need some other people to help you do all of this but it has got a lot of people unstuck on the construction sites over the years...
Good luck and let us know how it comes out...
Thanks, are you talking about the concrete in the bags? Like the ready mix.

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
helomech said:
Thanks, are you talking about the concrete in the bags? Like the ready mix.
No, mortar mix for laying bricks or blocks...it is a fine powder when it comes out...It has no gravel or sand..

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Bhudda454 said:
go get a really good and long snatch strap. use the tractor and pull from a 45degree angle.
I read a post from Loufish where he mentioned a good place to hook up is your receiver, and put the hitch pin through the loop at one end of the strap. Safer than using the hook end type, since they can come lose easier. And like Bhudda said "really good" on the strap, if it breaks it can do major damage to people and vehicles.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NorCal 4x4 said:
I read a post from Loufish where he mentioned a good place to hook up is your receiver, and put the hitch pin through the loop at one end of the strap. Safer than using the hook end type, since they can come lose easier. And like Bhudda said "really good" on the strap, if it breaks it can do major damage to people and vehicles.
Thanks, I got it jacked up enough to get the receiver out of the hitch. But it got dark so I will try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
50 Posts
A good high lift jack(two is better, or high jackstands to supplement), a couple of shovels, and at least two of the longest 2x6 planks you can find (4 is better, one per tire). Like some folks said, put a wide base of some sort under the jack to keep it from sinking. You'll likely have to dig to make room. Jack it up high, fill in the holes with dirt/rocks, set the boards in place under the tires one side at a time, then drive out. You may have to repeat this several times to finally escape.

If you try to yank it out of there by towing while it's vacuum stuck, you may end up damaging something.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
helomech said:
I just went out there and tried to jack it, but that ain't working to good either. I really don't know how I am going to get it out. I guess I could just quit paying on it and let the finance company get it out ( just kidding). I might have to let it dry out before it will come out. ANY ideas are appreciated.
lmfao... now thats funny....

just put it in 4wd dumbass... lol j/k:jester: i say a good combo of digging, wood planks and some snatching should do....

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
StuntDriver06 said:
lmfao... now thats funny....

just put it in 4wd dumbass... lol j/k:jester: i say a good combo of digging, wood planks and some snatching should do....
Sure am hoping I can avoid digging. Wouldn't even know where to start.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts