Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 53K on some BFG muds, I felt it was time for some new rubber for the T, especially since lately I've been spinning out way to easily on the wet streets of Washington. I got some 5-spoke 18s from another forum member several years ago and they've been taking up space in my closet ever since, until a few weeks ago:

Various stages, from the right unprepped, fully prepped (sanded off clearcoat, thoroughly washed and masked), to finished product:

2 layers of black primer, let dry for a day followed by 2 coats of Duplicolor bedliner. Center cap is color-matched to my Monterrey Blue Z:

Today, I had them wrapped with LT305/65R18 BFG All-Terrains! Love how much more grip I have compared to my worn MTs, plus noise is substantially lower!

With the 2" lift from the coilovers and no PWM, I have no rubbing under normal street driving.

These fill up the wheel wells quite nicely!!! Although power is a bit down now....

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Damn that looks nice.

Reactions: Titan1080

·
Premium Member
72,919 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks good man, the blue looks cool on the center caps.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
how do u like them? it says they are 33.7" right? the wheels and tires look really good under ur truck

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nice! Perfect size for a leveled Titan IMO. I'm planning on a set of these in a few months. Just wondering, how much were the tires?

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah they are a big 33", my truck is noticeably taller since my old tires were worn. I like em a lot, I'm hoping for a little sun tomorrow so I can see how they look and take some better pics. I paid a little over 1600 installed and out the door (which includes our nearly 10% sales tax...), I got a modest discount since that particular Discount Tires store is a sponsor of our Z car club, which I turned around and offset by getting the lifetime replacement certificates.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Looking good. Blue looks good, matching the Z. Those Bfg's are an all around great tire. Got over 65k out of a set I had on a previous truck. You will have to let us know how that duplicolor holds up. I tried it on my rear bumper ends and didn't have to good of luck with it holding up. I have really started to dislike duplicolor products. Wheel wells are defiantly filled up nicely now..SSHHIAAAT 10%$

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, sales tax up here is probably one of the highest in the country, mainly to offset our lack of a state income tax.
Darn, I was considering using Duplicolor on my rear bumper as well since the paint on it has been slowly flaking off for years.

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Nice work! Look's good!

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the props guys! A quick observation and retraction to what I've said earlier about these tires not rubbing, after a day of driving, I discovered that they do rub ever so slightly at full steering lock on a small portion of the liner under certain conditions such as anytime I forget I'm not in my car and take a corner faster than I should, thus compressing the suspension enough to make contact. Any situation like that whether slow off-road or spirited on-road driving will probably lead to contact. From the cab, I could not hear the tire hitting at all. Still, I'd recommend a slight PWM at least on the inner most portion of steering travel as the inner part of the tire is the only part that rubs. Here's some brighter pics from this afternoon, probably our last sunny day till June:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wheels/Tires look great! Really nice job on those wheels. What kind of fog lights did you put on? I like the yellow.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheels/Tires look great! Really nice job on those wheels. What kind of fog lights did you put on? I like the yellow.
Thanks! The fog lights are OEMs, I just stuck on some Lamin-X lens films to change the color, really helps improve contrast for me at night, they're cheap and hold up quite well: Lamin-x Protective Films - Protect with Style

1 - 15 of 15 Posts