Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now my damn passenger side headlight, dim, will go out.. I have an aftermarket set of bulbs in it. It will do it altleast 3 or 4 times a week.. I have checked everything i know to check, but everything looks fine. When it goes out, usually i can give it a few good :domohit: and it will come back on. And sometimes i have to pull the bulb out of my headlight and unplug it, then plug it back in and it works fine.. I have changed the bulb, but it does the same... WTF??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you put higher wattage bulbs you might have melted the plug to your bulb. check that. when it happend to my sisters car, it had the same symptoms.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
or the filament in the bulb is already loose and just lights up when it makes contact. replace that one bulb only and see if the problem goes away. i had a headlight do this in me in my previous truck and took me i while to figure this out.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The first time i replaced them, i used some xenon ultra blues. Thats when i first started having the problem.. It went out so i figured it just blowed so i got another set. And not soon after it started doing the same.. And its always the passenger side light... I'm now on my third set and the damn thing still goes out every once in a while... They might just be cheep bulbs.. But it doesn't make since for it to only be the passenger side that keeps f'n up.. :huh:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i didn't blow the factory ones, and i still have them.. Ill will probably put them back in for now.. Ive been thinking about getting me some hid's anyway.. Guess nows a good time. :smoke:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10-4 buddy.. Ill pull it apart again and really check it out good. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright guys. Gota bring this thread back up. My lights have still been doing this. I took it apart again for the 20 time today and i saw were my wiring harness has gotten hot. U have the two little metal tabs on the actual light that hook into the harness. Well one of them is burnt. And you can see on my plastic connector were it has gotn hot and melted it a little. I figured it was just the cheap azz bulbs, so i put my factory ones back in. And they wont even come on now. Any ideas on what to do or check???? Thanks

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Do you think it just burnt the ends, or on up the harness somewhere??

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
You got a test light?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got her goin. I cleaned the contact out with a small file.. But i will get a new harness asap. Dealer can get it for bout 50 bucks.....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey mayn you should take a ride down to hooters tomorrow for the truck show so i can check out your truck!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts