Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mom has an 8.1 liter engine in her chevy 2500 hd. she says she would kill my little old titan. i dunno about this one... 8.1? :huh: I mean i have a cai and duals and osiris tuning, but i just wanted to know your input on this one. lol thanks guys

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
hobbsy said:
my mom has an 8.1 liter engine in her chevy 2500 hd. she says she would kill my little old titan. i dunno about this one... 8.1? :huh: I mean i have a cai and duals and osiris tuning, but i just wanted to know your input on this one. lol thanks guys
I've always said that any racer worth his salt would wreck his own mother to win, prove me right, lol.
:boxing:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
She would get her butt handed to her. Too bad it's your mom and not another woman. The bet could get crazy.:jester: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Dude, don't make your Mom cry.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've never even heard of this but its a limited edition 2002 chevy 2500. It throws 340HP @ 4200 rpm and 455 ft./lbs. @ 3200 rpm! You guys still think i could get her? The only reason i'm askin is cuz she's puttin money on it. lol. i gotta know before i throw money at the problem...

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
As long as you get a good start you should be able to smoke the chevy. You're not going to let you mom beat you in a race are you :rofl:

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it is a limited edition, it has nothing to do with the engine.

Yes, the 8.1 big block was an option until the 2007 model year I believe. They are reasonably quick off the line, but you have a lighter, modded truck. Do you have the 3.36 rear end? That would help :upsidedow

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
hobbsy said:
i've never even heard of this but its a limited edition 2002 chevy 2500. It throws 340HP @ 4200 rpm and 455 ft./lbs. @ 3200 rpm! You guys still think i could get her? The only reason i'm askin is cuz she's puttin money on it. lol. i gotta know before i throw money at the problem...
you ever hear of a thing called Power to Weight ratio? you'll take her by at least a truck length. it may have an 8.1L but that's a lot of weight that poor motor has got to get movin. take for instance CORR racing and the Renezeder Team Lucas Nissan Titan. it gives up close to 100 cubic inches of displacement and nearly has 100 less horsepower than the ferds and chebbies but yet can pass them easily cause the truck is lighter and more agile and the amount of HPs for the overall gross weight is equal if not higher than the power to weight ratio of the other trucks with bigger motors. size is everything but its how efficient power is being yielded that makes a difference. tell your mom, that you'll race her on a downhill to balance things out... LOL!!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
If she goes 4Hi and comes out of the hole @ 1800+ she might pull you. You might get it back. :eh:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've personally run a Chevy 2500 with the 8.1 and the Allison, and the Chevy was modded like crazy (intake, custom headers with full exhaust, superchip, fuel injection mapping, upgraded mass air flow sensor, the works). At the time I only have an intake and exhaust. We ran several times, and the Titan was the winner over and over again.

I then ran a bone stock one, and he saw the Titan tail lights very quickly.

Run her, you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
hobbsy said:
Well Ive got 365 HP and 660 lbs of torque but the Titan will still smoke me. Race her and take your mommas money! Make sure you get her off the line because when they get moving I think the Titan will lose if you havent pulled off the line. I do believe my truck will take a Titan on a roll of 40 or more but I wouldnt put money on it.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
i wonder what the gearing is on dem chebbies? geared more for towing i would say? but Heli, do you think the Titan's tranny is smoother than your chebby's?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Race your mom in front of all your friends,if you lose and bring shame to the Titan you deserve to have your a$$ kicked,you would have to suck as a driver not to win.
If friends are there when mom loses,you both win,how many other guys are street racing with their mom's? What a cool mom,If she's a MILF your buddies will dig her even more.
In summary,you lose=a$$ kicking,if you win =friends try to sleep with mom.
Post video!!!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Helinut1970 said:
Well Ive got 365 HP and 660 lbs of torque but the Titan will still smoke me. Race her and take your mommas money! Make sure you get her off the line because when they get moving I think the Titan will lose if you havent pulled off the line. I do believe my truck will take a Titan on a roll of 40 or more but I wouldnt put money on it.

Sorry heli, but you'd lose. The gears and TQ give you the advantage off the line, but after about 45, or so, the Titan would leave ya'. And from a roll, the things that give you the advantage off the line would become a disadvantage....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well its on for saturday!!!!!!!!!!! haha. i'm throwin down 150 and so is she. i will post the results and video if i can get one. wooooooooohooooooooo!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts