Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Stoobie's Titan said:
Sooo, the Brits don't like big trucks, well, we could fit them all in a "Mega Cab" and drive it off a pier!!

post of the week

the brits will bash anything american and anything big.

so yea, load them up.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I love top gear, but you can't take anything they say as "serious". It's just mindless entertainment.

They once took a camper on a trip and complained that their 1.9L Suzuki car couldn't tow very quickly. No ****!

They then went to say that the Dodge Viper would be a good vehicle used to tow a trailer/camper. No ****ing way. they have absolutely NO idea about trucks or towing.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they don't use trucks to tow their trailers with....they use cars...which is stupid. We are two totally different mindsets when comparing the U.S. and the Brits. At least they are fighting the war with us and didn't back down and traded sides like the Italians in WWII. :) All I know is that I'm sure he would be happier when reviewing a TITAN:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Clarkson, a truck isn't about track performance you knucklehead. You can't understand a truck because you don't do anything that requires a truck. I would love to see your Aerial Atom driver haul a sheet of plywood overhead while holding it down with his other arm, tow my boat with a 10" rise ball mount, or watch you order a beer in the pub with your teeth "full of bee's" as was your experience during your Atom test drive.

·
Registered
264 Posts
While I love Top Gear and I enjoy Clarkson for the most part, this test was waaay off. First, it wasn't even the SRT10 Dodge ram p/u. If they were looking for a p/u with pure performance, why didn't they get one that is sold as one?
Second, the comparison to the Atom was so far off that how could you take that segment seriously?!! Thats like comparing a cessna to an F-18. Just nothing even remotely the same bout the two.

·
Registered
463 Posts
docweedon said:
While I love Top Gear and I enjoy Clarkson for the most part, this test was waaay off. First, it wasn't even the SRT10 Dodge ram p/u. ...
Clarkson is on point again. Too many people out there buying trucks not for their intended purpose and trying to convince others they have bought something akin to a sports car.

Nothing PC about him. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I watched them do the same thing to the Ford lightning. He goes on to say how fast and powerfull the lightning is and then says why is it not popular with the brits. He then tears into the truck by saying how its crap there is so much play in the stearing he didnt even believe it was possible, the int was horrible etc.He needs a punch in face. I liked the show until he started to drag american down who cares what that bag thinks.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you seen the crash test for the last gen F-150....the thing literally fell apart and the driver almost flew out the window! He was right about how crappy it was...the only good peice in the F-150 SVT is the engine...thats it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
TexTheTitan said:
He did a review on the Ford Lightning and it was perfect.

Check it out. The quality isn't the greatest.
I dont agree at all. Its not the greatest , but neither is the Titans. Compaired to an 85k BMW alot of cars are low quality.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CLG said:
I dont agree at all. Its not the greatest , but neither is the Titans. Compaired to an 85k BMW alot of cars are low quality.
Well, still, when you hear the word FORD...you don't think about the F-150...you think about crappy cars. When hear the word BMW, you automaically think advance cars with high maintenance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts