Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how i could take off the govener ?

is there programmers available (hypertech/superchips/custon flash - tune) anything like this out there ! ! !

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
no to the majority, but UpRev might. Someone who has it will likely chime in sooner or later. You could check them and see

·
Registered
484 Posts
Intake, Exhaust, TBS, UpRev, Headers, Hi Flow Cats, Cams!

And yes UpRev can remove the speed and rpm limiters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so s uprev a programmer per say or an adaptive tuner ?

i guess what i am asking is this a mod i can aquire now and it will adapt to future mods as well ? or should i start working on intake, exhaust, and other mods then get the uprev ?

thanks for all the replies so far guys

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yes you can purchase now and they will re-tune for you as you get new mods, you will have to take data logs after installing the mods and send them to the guys and uprev and they will send you a new tune. Don't know how much gain you would see up front other than the removal of the limiters and the ability to get WOT from the start.

·
Super Moderator
37,237 Posts
Toomnymods said:
hehe just copy my mods and you should be fast..

^^^^^^^^ What he said^^^^^ :idea:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so i am a little confused on the whole uprev thing - i have used hypertech on my old truck but seems to be really different.

anyone care to elaborate on how this thing works and can i tune it myself (like a hypertech) or do i need to go to a shop or something ?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its reflash software you flash your truck with a generic tune and data log the results with the software they provide and send them back the data logs and then fine tune the generic tune.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
you must have a laptop with usb to flash ur ecu.. or be tuned at uprev in person.. you CANNOT make your own tunes.. you datalog with uprev's cipher program and send them back the files.. then use the osiris rom flasher to flash ur ecu the new tune.. really simple can get everything for 700 bucks the program and all the tunes you will ever need for the truck as you add more mods just data log and they will tweak ur tune for free.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
bobendele said:
Where then could i find a shop in TX to tune the uprev ? I'm located in San Antonio.
For a custom tune you need to drive to Austin where their shop is. If not you can order the Osiris and they send you all necessary stuffs for you to reflash your own ECU. As of now it's only a reflash with end user control coming in the future.
go to www.uprev.com for more info.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
bobendele said:
Where then could i find a shop in TX to tune the uprev ? I'm located in San Antonio.

ur in luck then a custom dyno tune wil net better gains than a e-tune thru the email, just give chung a call and leave a message and im sure he can set you up a appointment.. 512-415-9974

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TOOMANYMODS - is that with the uprev or doing just a dyno tune ? is that number for here in San Antonio or in Austin ?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
bobendele said:
TOOMANYMODS - is that with the uprev or doing just a dyno tune ? is that number for here in San Antonio or in Austin ?
If you go to their location, they will strap your truck to the dyno and tuned it. That's Chun's phone number, he's in Austin. Give him a call and he can answer all your questions.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Only company able to remove speed limiter is Technsquare this requires you send them your ecu or buy one thats matches your truck, I believe they are working on a plug n play.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What are the typical gains v.s. the vkpro (which isnt out yet for my 07)??? I understand its based upon boltons but what are we talking???

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Flippin Pips said:
Only company able to remove speed limiter is Technsquare this requires you send them your ecu or buy one thats matches your truck, I believe they are working on a plug n play.
hehe uprev can remove the speed limiter as well my truck got up to 165mph once on the dyno.. and i know for a fact mine is gone cause jared showed me it was set to like 230mph,lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts