Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Magellan crossover GPS. I bought it to replace an older unit. My take is why buy factory when 1. it's way overpriced 2. you can't move it from vehicle to vehicle and many are not upgradable. I'm retired and travel a lot so these units have been REALLY helpful finding campsites, gas,food, locations etc. My previous navigator (the wife) never was reliable and this GPS unit has toned down misdirection almost 100% - No more arguments (worth buying just for this!). Also the crossover GPS has all of Canada/USA, Hawaii and Peurto Rico on it and with an SD card (I bought a 4GB Card > $50.) it now can hold approx 1000 MP3 songs or pics or both. It has an 8 hr battery so it's portable and can be used for hiking and boating too. You can also buy European maps and use it if you go abroad to Europe. I haven't used this feature yet but I will shortly. In short aftermarket GPS is the only way to go and there are other GPS unit's out there that have Blue tooth capability and more so you can use your phone through the unit or get updates around traffic snarls. So if your on the edge and thinking about a GPS - Don't go factory! Your only limiting yourself..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts