Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any websites that might give some insight on altering the navigation system so they can play DVD movies? Not that I would ever do something like that...I just would like the knowledge. Knowledge is power!
and since we're on the subject...
My Acura lets you click on the little icons that represent restaraunts and it tells you what they are. I can't seem to get my Titan to do this. Is this possible? And why oh why when you do a search for, let's say a home depot, why doesn't the list come up in order of distance. I can't seem to figure out why the list is so random. It won't tell you the distance until you let it plot the route and if the list contains 20 different locations it could take awhile.

·
Registered
739 Posts
seancnewman said:
Does anyone have any websites that might give some insight on altering the navigation system so they can play DVD movies? Not that I would ever do something like that...I just would like the knowledge. Knowledge is power!
and since we're on the subject...
My Acura lets you click on the little icons that represent restaraunts and it tells you what they are. I can't seem to get my Titan to do this. Is this possible? And why oh why when you do a search for, let's say a home depot, why doesn't the list come up in order of distance. I can't seem to figure out why the list is so random. It won't tell you the distance until you let it plot the route and if the list contains 20 different locations it could take awhile.
Somebody on Freshalloy.com just did this exact thing in his Armada. It should be the same for the ttian. Go check it out. :cheers:

·
Registered
76 Posts
seancnewman said:
I'll take your 2nd part. I also have an Acura with Nav and have constantly compared/contrasted the 2. The Titan does not have the ability to touch (or click with the pointer) on the small icons on the map. The icons only serve to tell you that there is "something" there. You can not tell what. This is a huge downcheck form the Acura.

Also feel your pain on the home depot example question, and again the Titan does not have this capability like the Acura does. You can not do a "nearby" search from a title you only can fo it from a category, i.e. you can not punch it the closest McDonalds, but you can sort for the closest fast food restaraunt. Again another huge downcheck from the Acura.

Here is another bugger for me, I hate how your options are severly limited when moving. The Acura has no restrictions on movement. I understand why they do it, but if you have a passenger, they can not even do it for you.

But all in all I love my Titan and really love it's Nav. It has a better display than my Acura (2002 MDX) and the detail and routing is also better IMO.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Canman,

Someone had posted on one of these forums on how to diable the "driving restrictions" on the Nav system.. I just read it yesterday and if I find it again I will post it here.

Shawn

·
Registered
76 Posts
BlackSnake2001 said:
Canman,

Someone had posted on one of these forums on how to diable the "driving restrictions" on the Nav system.. I just read it yesterday and if I find it again I will post it here.

Shawn
Yeah, about 5 minutes after posting this I found a similar thread on another site linked somewhere from here. I read it and thought it was a little too hokey for me though with a switch to deactivate the speed sensor or some stuff so I am just going to live with that small difference.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll take your 2nd part. I also have an Acura with Nav and have constantly compared/contrasted the 2. The Titan does not have the ability to touch (or click with the pointer) on the small icons on the map. The icons only serve to tell you that there is "something" there. You can not tell what. This is a huge downcheck form the Acura.

Also feel your pain on the home depot example question, and again the Titan does not have this capability like the Acura does. You can not do a "nearby" search from a title you only can fo it from a category, i.e. you can not punch it the closest McDonalds, but you can sort for the closest fast food restaraunt. Again another huge downcheck from the Acura.

Here is another bugger for me, I hate how your options are severly limited when moving. The Acura has no restrictions on movement. I understand why they do it, but if you have a passenger, they can not even do it for you.

But all in all I love my Titan and really love it's Nav. It has a better display than my Acura (2002 MDX) and the detail and routing is also better IMO.

I wonder if a software update can take care of any of those problems?
I know what you mean about the restrictions while driving, c'mon Nissan, lets think a little here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts