Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Se Titan Cc 4x4.had 400 Miles On It Prior To Me Driving It Down To Fl For Vacation.i Had Myself,my Wife,her Mom And 3 Kids In The Truck-i Was Surprised I Put 428 Miles On The First Tank Down To Fl.i Only Needed To Stop To Fill Her 3 Times.the Total Trip Was About 1,200 Miles.i Drove Her Between 60-80 Mph Depending Where I Was.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Thats pretty good, The most I've gotten is 405mi on a tank and mines only
4x2, but its Big Tow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Also Had Abpot 500 Lbs Of Gear In The Bed.i Was Impressed With The Mileage And The Ride Was Great-a Little Tight With The Mother-in-law(next Year I Will Pick Her Up At The Airport)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I drove to texas from NC and I was on an average of 400 to 420 doing around 75 but more like 78. I had my R1 in the back. In the city I was averaging 280 to 300 before the light came on but I got a pretty nasty ticket and it slowed me down a bit and I got 370 before the light came on. I have been averaging around 55.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I get about 14MPG if I drive it to work (mixed city and why). Today will be the first freeway trip with 800lbs of gear in it (motorcycle and camping supplies). I'll have to see how that does.

·
Registered
437 Posts
SO far my mixed driving (commute to work, 20 miles each way) is around 14mpg, and the 800 mile trim to and from Norfork, AR was around 16 mpg. I have only 5600 miles on it so far. Oh yeah, it's an '07 CC LE 4x4 with BT.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
Oh boy...here we go again.:D IMO, It all depends on what level of Titan(4x4,BT,OR,CC Vs. KC, etc.) you have as well as driving habits. When I take advantage of the beast under the hood, My MPG suffers. When I behave, It is great.:cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
honda fit, lol that was like a slap in the face, i think ill keep the titan lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
This is the only time this has happened to me, but on the way to Tampa area from NC, I was so tickled to get 20.3mpg, I had 468 miles on the tank when the light came on. I only wish I could duplicate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since then, not too awful, 16.3 avg in town, 19.1 highway. I must say that I haven't done a average since getting rid of my stock wheels and tires. I'm almost positive it has dropped.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
blavis said:
Oh boy...here we go again.:D IMO, It all depends on what level of Titan(4x4,BT,OR,CC Vs. KC, etc.) you have as well as driving habits. When I take advantage of the beast under the hood, My MPG suffers. When I behave, It is great.:cheers:
Define "great". Great mileage does not a Titan have. A stripped 4X2 getting even a magical 18 MPG, although not BAD for a truck maybe, isn't "great". But like I've said before, if we all wanted to 25 MPG, we wouldn't be driving a powerful 1/2 ton truck. People can go on and on and on about "Hey...I got 21 MPG on a 1200 mile trip" all day long. But those getting 12 to 15 MPG, regardless of how lightfooted they are with it, know better and simply laugh at such wishful thinking. Sorry, but even a fully loaded up 4X4 OR equipped LE isn't going to get 10 MPG worse than a stripped 4X2.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True-big Trucks And Great Mileage Donot Go Hand In Hand But I Have Read Alot Of Post About How Poor The Mileage Is.i Had A 2002 Ram 4x2 And Really Didnot Think That Was Bad Either.i Know Alot Of People Whine About The Mileage But That Is Something That Goes With The Vech-i Was Just Impressed That It Did Better Than Iwould Have Thought.

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Define "great". Great mileage does not a Titan have. A stripped 4X2 getting even a magical 18 MPG, although not BAD for a truck maybe, isn't "great". But like I've said before, if we all wanted to 25 MPG, we wouldn't be driving a powerful 1/2 ton truck. People can go on and on and on about "Hey...I got 21 MPG on a 1200 mile trip" all day long. But those getting 12 to 15 MPG, regardless of how lightfooted they are with it, know better and simply laugh at such wishful thinking. Sorry, but even a fully loaded up 4X4 OR equipped LE isn't going to get 10 MPG worse than a stripped 4X2.
"Great" is relative. I think we all knew what to expect when we decided to purchase a full size truck. I do not find it hard to believe that 18 MPG is not possible. I personally lucked out and find myself consistently getting between 17-20MPG depending on driving conditions. I do agree with you on the 25 MPG expectations, if any of us wanted the "great" gas mileage, we would be driving a vehicle that was rated to do so. I am sure there are some compact car owners out there that don't get the MPG they expected as well. This gas mileage debate exists among all truck makes and models. I talk to a lot of truck owners through my occupation and the MPG opinions differ on all brands. It seems to be a crap shoot on whether or not your vehicle will get what is expected.:cheers:

·
Registered
392 Posts
A new Tundra owner the other day(at the gas station) stated to me that he had achieved "21-22.5" in his crewmax 4wd 5.7. I had to stop myself from calling bull to his face. I think he's dreaming. Like I said, I have seen over 20 ONCE, on the freeway, probably with a tail wind. ONCE, and I have been dreaming of reproducing it again with NO luck.

ALL OF U WITH THE ECO-3, what have you seen as far as mileage increases?
I'm thinking of one, but for nearly $300, I want to hear some real world happenings.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Anybody know how the titan did in the latest C&D road test where it beat the new Tundra? mileage, I mean? the only one I remember was the new chebby at 12.1 during their test.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see this same debate at every truck site I visit and the results are always the same. The phrase "your mileage may vary" applies here as well. Not every truck will get the same mpg's even when traveling the same road. The best I've seen from my 06 tundra dc is 17.97 mpg highway and I keep mine charted on a spreadsheet that shows every fill up and tells me when they go above or below a certain threshold. It also calculates my lifetime gallons used, cost and cost per mile. If you guys want I can post a copy of it for you to use but you'll have to erase my entered data and put your own in. It can be enlightening to see you mpg's over time. I've always tracked my mileage for every vehicle I've owned and just let me say that every full size truck I've owned has sucked gas.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Puffnstuff said:
and just let me say that every full size truck I've owned has sucked gas.
me too except for the one that sucked diesel - and then it sucked a lot less :lol: when do we get our TD titan????

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got 31.7 mpg this weekend on a trip to my daughters house, Oh wait that was in my wifes Passat. 16-17 on average in Titan....

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
rodolan said:
I got 31.7 mpg this weekend on a trip to my daughters house, Oh wait that was in my wifes Passat. 16-17 on average in Titan....
I hate that stupid name! Sounds like the sound made after eating a bucket of hot wings! "PASSAAAAAAAAT..oh excuse me".:fart:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts