Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a way to up grade to 930 inner CV's and come up short handed. I came across RCV Performance and talked to a sales guy there about making axles for the Titan similar to their k1500 and k2500 axles, 40* of angle and 2 inches of slip and they told me they are already being tested and should be in production within the next 2 months. I know I will be getting a set, Ive already blow out one stock CV and one cheap after market.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
I have been looking for a way to up grade to 930 inner CV's and come up short handed. I came across RCV Performance and talked to a sales guy there about making axles for the Titan similar to their k1500 and k2500 axles, 40* of angle and 2 inches of slip and they told me they are already being tested and should be in production within the next 2 months. I know I will be getting a set, Ive already blow out one stock CV and one cheap after market.
Very nice find! Now someone needs to make gears and the 4WD guys will have options, and get more travel :eyebrow: rynomx785

Xtreme GM K1500 Lifted Truck Axle
[RC001] $495.00
Xtreme GM K1500 Lifted Truck Axle

The RCV Performance total solution to all your lift induced axle problems. Inboard joint provides up to 40° of joint articulation to allow for maximum lift and wheel travel. The stock inboard joint often is the limiting factor only allowing 15-20° max before causing anything from vibration to complete axle failure. Joint spacers are often included which allow the axle to be bolted back up but do nothing to address the real problem with lifting truck axle geometry. From full droop to full compression RCV’s slip splined center shaft provides ~ 2.750” of length change. Axles come completely assembled with high angle boots and xtreme duty grease. 30 day 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed.
*$495.00 PER SIDE.
https://www.rcvperformance.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=36

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think a small spacer between the axle flange and diff flange would help at all? Like a 1/4 inch spacer. Looking at the failure of my stock axle it looks like it failed because it was pulled too far out, I cant tell if the angle caused it but you can see where the inner star and stuff was pulled all the way out. I know the spacer wont change the drive angle but might give it more more slip room, I think my axle failed because it ran out of slip room. Some lift kits come with axle spacers, I think mostly because of the upright design but I could make a spacer easily.

·
Registered
899 Posts
So, does this mean 4x4 guys can now crank their coilovers up just as much as the 2wd guys?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Nice! Not a bad price either. I've still got my "spare" cv axle sitting the in the shop for when the next one decides to go....

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Nice, I have been to their web site a few times and was hoping they would make something for the Titan. Hopefully the updated differential is strong enough that it won't become the "fuse" in the drivetrain.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Forgive me for my ignorance of axles but, will this solve the problem of the front axles popping out?

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Forgive me for my ignorance of axles but, will this solve the problem of the front axles popping out?
Yes it would reduce the pressure at full droop but if the C clip isn't seated all the way in the groove it's not going to matter. I'm not sure why there have been so many problems with that. If Nissan didn't get a bunch of them seated in the groove or if they just have a ****ty design.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
So the Pro Comp kit doesn't come with spacers for the axles, even in the stage II kit. I wonder if anyone else has/had any problems with front axle problems running the Pro Comp kit with coilovers (2007 and newer front diffs) ? I figured the kit dropped the front diff enough to avoid any axle problems. I would be down for a set of spacers for the front axles if it helps at all.

Do you think a small spacer between the axle flange and diff flange would help at all? Like a 1/4 inch spacer. Looking at the failure of my stock axle it looks like it failed because it was pulled too far out, I cant tell if the angle caused it but you can see where the inner star and stuff was pulled all the way out. I know the spacer wont change the drive angle but might give it more more slip room, I think my axle failed because it ran out of slip room. Some lift kits come with axle spacers, I think mostly because of the upright design but I could make a spacer easily.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
So the Pro Comp kit doesn't come with spacers for the axles, even in the stage II kit. I wonder if anyone else has/had any problems with front axle problems running the Pro Comp kit with coilovers (2007 and newer front diffs) ? I figured the kit dropped the front diff enough to avoid any axle problems. I would be down for a set of spacers for the front axles if it helps at all.
The only difference between the Stage 2 and the Stage 1 is you get PC's sh!tty coilovers with the 2. They just try and make it sound all fancy. None of the bracket kits for the Titans come with a spacer to my knowledge. I know that Fabtech uses one on there Chevy bracket kits but I don't they do with the Titan. Greg would probably be the best person to talk to about adding a spacer.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Any word on these yet?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Bump... :rofl:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Scribed. Gotta keep my eyes on these!

·
Registered
847 Posts
So this means u can go higher than 3" in the front for a lift?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts