Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my 3rd brake "repair" at 18,000 miles, when it started again at 18,555, I decided to call the BBB. I had been through the ringer with my service department. On attempt #3 he assured me they had the "fix" as per the TSB. When I picked it up, not only did the invoice say "Turn front rotors and replace front pads" only but the truck had no additional miles on it. 17996 in and 17966 out. Thats me checking not the invoice. They didnt even test drive the thing. Since my service advisor NEVER follows through on his promises, I decided to bypass him.
It took about 3 weeks but the BBB called back with an offer. Nissan sent someone out. He did the complete TSB. Fixed some rattles and "checked" the clunk in the rear end from P to R. He said they all do that clunking thing :huh:
I got a rental, my warranty extended 36k unlimited miles (like lots of you guys) and Nissan wrote me a check for $2500.00. If the problem comes back, they will take the truck back or change for an '06.
I am pretty happy with the deal. The rental I had was a Chevy Sierra. I think that was Nissans idea cuz now, there is no way in H#** I would want one of those sleds!
My smile is back!!
Hope you all are getting your issues worked out, this is one sweet truck IMHO
Later,

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
...and wrote you a check for $2500.00!!! :eek2:
Im real glad to hear that you finally got your issues resolved, that is awesome!!! But that check thing really ticks me off! Myself and a bunch of other guys on this forum and others, have gone through the same thing - banging our heads against the wall until Nissan finally fixed the brakes - but all we got was brakes we should have gotten the first time out.
Like I said though Im glad you got yours fixed - good deal! Have a great weekend!!

·
Premium Member
3,376 Posts
grunge311 said:
What was the $2500 check for?
It's for him to buy us all beer and burgers!!!!

Clint

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Hey Chek6 Your Trolling on the wrong board this is'nt the Chevy Forum. Your suposed to say that on the Chevy forum not here!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They offered the $2500 for inconvenience. As many times as they have scheduled the thing in the shop and then not been able to get it in. The time they dented the hood and dumped oil all over the motor at the first free service. The days I have been with out the truck etc. I dont know, they offered it and I wasnt going to say " Aw, no thanks fellas. Thats OK you keep it." I havent had near the issues that others have had but I have had my share.
Let me know if you are in Indiana, Beer and Burgers? Sounds good to me!
And if you seriously think I am a troll, Get a Life! Trust me, I have other things to do but this forum has been very helpful to me over the past 18 months. Thanks for that!!
I love this truck and have since I got rid of my F150. Although that 97 F150 didnt owe me a thing when I got rid of her. No complaints. My next door neighbor bought and is happy. He also wants me to let him know when I am ready to get rid of the Titan. I told him to not hold his breath.
Anyway, Thats my story and I am sticking to it!
Keep up the good work.
Mike

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
CHEK6 said:
And if you seriously think I am a troll, Get a Life! Trust me, I have other things to do but this forum has been very helpful to me over the past 18 months. Thanks for that!!
Mike
:huh: Did you read my post? Or did you just quickly look at it and not really read it! I dont think you are a troll here. Try reading it again. I was attempting to be humorous. I was telling you to Troll on another site (Chevy) So they would know how good you got it with the Titan. Peace bro :cheers:

By the way Im glad you got treated real good. Now if I can find out how to get people to give me money too :eveilgrin

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I'm glad things worked out for ya...

Hey just think, a few more issues, some more bad service-another $2,500 check and you've almost got enough for the Stillen S/C!!!

It's worth a try!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
buzzkillwill said:
I'm glad things worked out for ya...

Hey just think, a few more issues, some more bad service-another $2,500 check and you've almost got enough for the Stillen S/C!!!

It's worth a try!!!
:rolleyes: hmmmmmmm......an idea is beginning to form.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Helinut,
No offense meant and none taken man. I realize that I am an infrequent poster and I know how that seems sometimes. I have no reason to feel like a troll but I have seen some backhanded comments in the past. I dont want to get in that category.
I cant explain why some folks were offered $$ but I have seen others here that got cash from Nissan for the "Pain and suffering" Personally, I think they should make it right with everyone for the hassle involved. I know I cleaned and waxed my truck today and it feels new again with the new brakes. Couldnt imagine going back to my Ford.
I continue to learn from and enjoy this forum and hope you all do the same.
As a peace offering, I will buy the burgers and beer for you AND Clint next time you are in Indiana :cheers: :futwice:
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Washing the rims is what you will like best because with the new brakes they will stay clean for longer than 2 hours after you wash them! That is what got me more mad :flame: than the brake judder. I even had to go buy a little pressure washer and keep it hooked up so when I got home every day I could spray the front rims down real quick. Now that I have the brake fix I dont know what to do with the pressure washer.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Golly I thought Nissan was cultivating a group of devotees who love to ferry their truck to the dealer and prove again and again that the problem exists. Now you have gone and burst the bubble by telling us that Nissan did right by you!

Congratulations, hope they send a check to all the
current NIssan TiTan ownerS.

What mods you gonna make with the 2.5K?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No Mods, I think I will get a line of credit at the Shell station. :futwice:
Kidding. I think I will add Sirius to the truck. I love Radio Margaritaville!! Any Sirius player suggestions??
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts