Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Grill Guard I'm trying to install on a 2014 Titan. The first photo attached is from the install guide, clearly showing where the top mounting bracket attaches to truck in a perfect world scenario. The 2nd photo is from the inside of my truck, showing there is NOTHING on either side for brackets to attach to. I'm thinking the truck was in a collision? Is this an easy fix, or would I need to get some fabrication work done to make this work?
Grill guard bracket..jpg
Grill guard bracket.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ed, What guard did you get. I have a bracket like that on the one I bought but it goes through where the towhooks are and mounts into the frame. I have a pro4 with hooks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an Grill Guard I'm trying to install on a 2014 Titan. The first photo attached is from the install guide, clearly showing where the top mounting bracket attaches to truck in a perfect world scenario. The 2nd photo is from the inside of my truck, showing there is NOTHING on either side for brackets to attach to. I'm thinking the truck was in a collision? Is this an easy fix, or would I need to get some fabrication work done to make this work? View attachment 543128 View attachment 543129
Ed, What guard did you get. I have a bracket like that on the one I bought but it goes through where the towhooks are and mounts into the frame. I have a pro4 with hooks.
Aries Grill Guard. I received (3) sets of brackets. One bottom set which go where my tow hooks (would) be- those went on just fine. A top set for an Armada, and a top set for my truck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got the Black Horse unit. Appears that the brackets are about the same for both. Hope that you instructs were a little more detailed. I can't quite get the bracket to go in the tow hook location, a little wide. Could you drop a copy of your instructs, mine shows removing the plastic grill to insert one of the upper supports. I'll look mine over again and see if there is any difference.

I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts