Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help guys, my 2007 Titan when moning slow less than 10 mph, it makes a groaning sound ? i think it's coming from the rear not sure if it's brakes, tranny,or rearend ? it does'nt do it every time but it's been doing it on and off for 2 or 3 months. hard to describe sounds sorta like when older trucks with brake shoes on back and they are stuck.
has anyone had this sound ? any help would be great !

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
does it sound like something is dry? Does it sound like it goes with the rotation of the wheels? i think i have something similar. Mine sounds like a whoo whoo whoo whoo at low speeds.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The woo-woo-woo-woo is probably tires. Have them reballanced and rotated and see if it goes away. The groaning sounds like something a friend of mine had in his 07. Ended up being his rear end. Might have it checked.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
TallTexan said:
The woo-woo-woo-woo is probably tires. Have them reballanced and rotated and see if it goes away. The groaning sounds like something a friend of mine had in his 07. Ended up being his rear end. Might have it checked.
well mine isnt the tires because i hear it when backing out which it at like 1-5mph.

Titan05, just keep an eye on your rear end. Bring it up your next oil change or something. I first heard my noise and then 2 weeks later i could see my axle seal leaking. This may have been just a coincidence though so im not sure yours will be the same problem. This is why the noise has me stumped because i hear it on my new axle that has less than 1k miles on it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
spoonman said:
does it sound like something is dry? Does it sound like it goes with the rotation of the wheels? i think i have something similar. Mine sounds like a whoo whoo whoo whoo at low speeds.
no it don't go with the rotation of wheels. i live on a dirt drive so it's not the tires !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts