1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
342 Posts
As of right now...I am happy. Just beware the instructions...as they can be misleading or flat out wrong in some instances. Also, if you are running 17inch rims, you will need to upgrade to at least 18 inch rims as the components are too big. Other than that it rides decent. With the Bilsteins, I think my ride is better than it was before. I like the way it sits.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Had one on my 1998 Dodge ram for 7 years with no problems at all. Just make sure you get a front end alignment after you install it.

Reactions: Corbin

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just installed mine about two weeks ago. i love it, looks and feels like a truck should now. I have stock rancho struts and 17" stock rims and everything fits fine. Only thing is i got a body lift coming and 35/12.50 tires goin on so i had to order wheel adapters to make the tires clear the UCA. Instructions were okay at best, it didnt specify on some things but if you have any kinda mechanical back ground you can do it no problem.

Good luck

-dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just put one on and will let you know in a few days. I am yet to drive it, have an alignment appt tomorrow. I am also considering Bilstiens. What tires do you think you can fit under it? I'm considering 295/70/18 Terra's on xD Monsters.

·
Registered
358 Posts
As of right now...I am happy. Just beware the instructions...as they can be misleading or flat out wrong in some instances. Also, if you are running 17inch rims, you will need to upgrade to at least 18 inch rims as the components are too big. Other than that it rides decent. With the Bilsteins, I think my ride is better than it was before. I like the way it sits.
???
I am running the RC level kit with my stock 17's no problem.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's just the level kit, what you say is correct for the 6" and higher lifts.

Had one on my 1998 Dodge ram for 7 years with no problems at all. Just make sure you get a front end alignment after you install it.
Much appreciated.

Just installed mine about two weeks ago. i love it, looks and feels like a truck should now. I have stock rancho struts and 17" stock rims and everything fits fine. Only thing is i got a body lift coming and 35/12.50 tires goin on so i had to order wheel adapters to make the tires clear the UCA. Instructions were okay at best, it didnt specify on some things but if you have any kinda mechanical back ground you can do it no problem.

Good luck

-dave
I've read a few times about the lack of instructions. Seems like fairly simple task. Thanks for the info.

I just put one on and will let you know in a few days. I am yet to drive it, have an alignment appt tomorrow. I am also considering Bilstiens. What tires do you think you can fit under it? I'm considering 295/70/18 Terra's on xD Monsters.
Please do. I'd like to hear your opinion on it. As far as the tires go, they said that this level kit was built around a 33' tire platform. Once my 31's wear down, I'm going to order a bigger tire.

???
I am running the RC level kit with my stock 17's no problem.
Thank you, sir.

My bad...I read Rough Country lift kit...not level kit.
:read: Haha

·
Registered
26 Posts
I drove it today for the first time, still have the stock 275/70/18 BFG's on it. It rides smooth still, but you can definitely tell it's lifted. The hood doesn't seem as short, makes the truck feel like it sits higher (most noticeable in parking lots, slow speeds, etc). I like it a lot, and really like how it pretty much perfectly leveled it out (see sig for kit for a pic I took today).

Measuring and talking to others in my post on here and friends I know, I can definitely fit 35's with the kit, but I'm not sure I want to go that route. I'd have to do the PWM, which I'm not against, but mainly I don't want to have to worry about getting a spare, gear ratio change, etc. I wish I could slap some 33's, 34's, and 35's on it and then choose :)

Take note of some of my problems installing the kit. Nothing major, minor annoyances that if you have the proper tools ahead of time won't slow you down much. I didn't have a 19mm box end wrench to start with, and that would have saved me 40+ mins and a lot of energy.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the write up and tips Dave. I'll be sure to get a 19mm wrench this week. I'm no stranger to a tap & die set either, lol. Hopefully I have better luck with the zerks. Sounds like you just about had everything go wrong for you. I've had a few projects that have gone that way for me. It was hard to stay motivated and get the job completed.

Are you still planning on putting on some 5100's or upgrading to another shock? After some calls today, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that nobody has the 5100's in stock.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You don't need to change anything to run 35's besides the PWM.
You can't run 5100's and Pro4x springs while using the R/C spacer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts