Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight on my way home some meat head guy in a H2 tried to race me. at first i was like its not even worth the gas... then i was like f-it! anywho long story short is titan's are way faster then H2's. some people ha ha

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
isn't an H2 a snap-together model kit mini-suv on a van frame??? I guess you were lucky it wasn't an H2 SUT (the mini-truck version)... now that would've been something else... those $50k rides really can go really fast... straight down a cliff that is... other than an H1A, those hmmms are big money bricks with wheels...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've ridden in a $200k H1 and them things got some cool gadgets. The H2, well, it's a nice bling bling I guess.

·
Registered
781 Posts
EVO8 said:
I've ridden in a $200k H1 and them things got some cool gadgets. The H2, well, it's a nice bling bling I guess.
200k humvee? :smoke:

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
H2's are nice for what they are, a rugged looking SUV. But they are not made for speed.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Some rich guy in a near by town has a H2 and decided he wanted to make it fast. He pulled out the 6.0 and had major motor work done and installed a turbo. He went to the track and managed to get into the 13s in the 1/4 mile but got his a$$ handed to him by a modded Powerstroke. On his second pass down the 1/4 he tried to leave on more boost and broke something in the front end which caused him to make a hard right, almost hit the car he was running against then barely missed the gaurd rail.

·
Registered
754 Posts
CHEVY05CREW said:
Some rich guy in a near by town has a H2 and decided he wanted to make it fast. He pulled out the 6.0 and had major motor work done and installed a turbo. He went to the track and managed to get into the 13s in the 1/4 mile but got his a$$ handed to him by a modded Powerstroke. On his second pass down the 1/4 he tried to leave on more boost and broke something in the front end which caused him to make a hard right, almost hit the car he was running against then barely missed the gaurd rail.
outch.hope everything is alright now

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dom249 said:
outch.hope everything is alright now
H2 is all good now, they beefed up the front drive train. I just can't understand why he spent that kind of money on the H2 when he also owns a vette. I would have left the H2 stock and spent the money on the vette. Too each is own i guess.

titan814.....you should have made the waste of gas worth it, let me get a good head start on you then blow by him like he was stopped and really make him look stupid....LOL

·
Registered
754 Posts
CHEVY05CREW said:
H2 is all good now, they beefed up the front drive train. I just can't understand why he spent that kind of money on the H2 when he also owns a vette. I would have left the H2 stock and spent the money on the vette. Too each is own i guess.

titan814.....you should have made the waste of gas worth it, let me get a good head start on you then blow by him like he was stopped and really make him look stupid....LOL
Man if he would have put the money he put into the h2 into the vette instead, that thing would be super fast, keep the h2 stock and use it to pull tailers around and also as a grocery getter.Something I would have done but everyone has there own opinions

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
CHEVY05CREW said:

H2's are lame. H1's are sweet imo. I would have if i had a vette i would say bye bye hummer and hello Mr. Lingenfelter for my vette!

Glad you handed that H2 its *** 814.. I think its hilarious people buy cars for image and think their fast. Its a dam tahoe with a square body lol

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I test-drove an H2 when they came out... talk about SLOW and sluggish. It was HORRIBLE.

I doubt the guy was really "racing." Maybe he was just getting you to "race" so he can watch how fast your Titan is since maybe he's thinking of buying a Titan to replace his junk...

I did that with my Jeep... I wanted to see what the Titan could do, and he took the bait entering the tollway-- only I beat the Titan... but it was still impressive to move that large truck, with all that room inside, that fast (assuming it was stock), so I bought one a couple weeks later.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
TAFOYA'STITAN said:
200k humvee? :smoke:
Well, the guy I knew that owned the 200k humvee owned some pc magazine. I think it was called boardwalk or something like that. A friend use to work for him and one day they picked me up in that thing. The guy was speeding down some road in 4-5 inches of snow and came to a complete stop like inches to the stop light without slidding all over the place. He said something about automatic tire air deflation. That thing had all the gadgets one could dream of.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
BRACEYOSELF777 said:
I bet GM would make alot more money if they threw in the Duramax into the H series instead of a gay inline 5 or 5.3 V8 that don't do sh!t.
When the new 4.5L Duramax comes out, it will be put in the Silverado, Sierra, and H2 Hummer. Granted it's going to be the 4.5L and not the 6.6L LLY, but at least it's still a diesel.

P.S. There are companies out there that do the swap of the 6.0L to the 6.6L Duramax, but's it's going to cost you about $40,000 on top of the price of the H2. But, if you have the money to play with, why not do the conversion?:cheers:

·
Premium Member
75,172 Posts
Juday said:
P.S. There are companies out there that do the swap of the 6.0L to the 6.6L Duramax, but's it's going to cost you about $40,000 on top of the price of the H2. But, if you have the money to play with, why not do the conversion?:cheers:

i think there are far more suitable investments then 90k into an H2, but then again i'm poor and logical :)

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
DeadRiver said:
i think there are far more suitable investments then 90k into an H2, but then again i'm poor and logical :)
haha, I completely agree with you. Why not just buy an H1 (the real HMMV) for that amount of money? I'm like you, I follow function much more than form.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts