Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took it in for an oil change and the mechanic showed me that the left front tire was "wobbling" about a quarter-inch when moved top and bottom. I had been hearing a bit of noise at highway speeds, especially when turning, but just wrote it off to tire noise. Fortunately they had the part in stock. It came with a new ABS sensor, which he said he hasn't seen before. It so happened that this was the same wheel that I had the ABS sensor replaced about two months ago because the ABS was activating in slow stop-and-go traffic when I'd be riding the brakes. He gave me the two-month old sensor and said to hold onto it in case another one of the existing sensors goes bad. On the ride home I was pleased to notice that the noise I had been hearing was gone.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Was there a question?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No...does there have to be?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Good to see a happy Titan owner. Its great to see that there are still SOME honest mechanics/shops out there. Its a dying breed I tell you.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Oh, I'll start a thread how my my gas was almost empty and I went to a gas station and filled up.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Oh, I'll start a thread how my my gas was almost empty and I went to a gas station and filled up.
You know this is about an experience in a Titan, and some things can be learned from what was done to fix a noise. Dont like this thread, dont read it.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I love it, always answer a question with another question!

The one I always like is, "why do you ask?"
I agree, if you ask a question do you require and answer?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I took it in for an oil change and the mechanic showed me that the left front tire was "wobbling" about a quarter-inch when moved top and bottom. I had been hearing a bit of noise at highway speeds, especially when turning, but just wrote it off to tire noise. Fortunately they had the part in stock. It came with a new ABS sensor, which he said he hasn't seen before. It so happened that this was the same wheel that I had the ABS sensor replaced about two months ago because the ABS was activating in slow stop-and-go traffic when I'd be riding the brakes. He gave me the two-month old sensor and said to hold onto it in case another one of the existing sensors goes bad. On the ride home I was pleased to notice that the noise I had been hearing was gone.
How many miles on your titan?

Mine has about 117,000 and I hear a noise on corners that may be the front wheel bearings going also. Anyone have part #'s and cost?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
It's always a good idea to do both bearings at the same time. Especially at that mileage.
Will do. I can't complain with the road conditions in the mountains either.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Heck, my truck makes some kind of popping noise when I turn right and it's just got 38k on it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many miles on your titan?

Mine has about 117,000 and I hear a noise on corners that may be the front wheel bearings going also. Anyone have part #'s and cost?
103,000 miles. The noise was most noticeable when steering to the right at highway speed. Cost (part and labor) was $419. Not sure of part #.

·
Registered
286 Posts
A couple weeks ago I noticed some clicking coming from the front left. Then about a week later I started hearing a much louder noise but very intermintant. This weekend while towing my pu trailer it started with mire regularity to the point where I could make a determination it is the wheel bearing. Needless to say I called the dealership and made an appointment for first thing tuesday to get it fixed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 95k on my 2004 LE and did both fronts in the past six months. One side was worse then the other and at $200 per wheel it wasn't in the cards to do both at the same time. I was actually in a pickle for the first on and had to pay $230 at Autozone but the right side I ordered off RockAuto.com for about $170. Mine were seized on there pretty good but with a good pry-bar and impact wrench the three lugs holding it to the axle eventually gave in. FWIW: Keep the lugs off your old bearings as you never know when a wheel lug will snap. All in all, fighting included, you're looking at about 2 hours to do this yourself...make sure you don't f* up the threads on the half shaft or this could get very pricey and very time consuming very quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is it necessary to replace the entire hub. Or can you just replace the Bearings in the hub? That would make a huge differnance in price.

I need to do the same thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if that is an option. You actually can't even get the hub without the ABS sensor which is what makes it so pricey. And unless you've got all the presses and such to pack bearings properly the DIY part of the project could become a lot more dangerous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts