Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well took the truck to the dealership for inspection since they give me a free inspections. And what do they find? Rear axle seal leaking so they are going to replace the axle again for the second time in less than a year. Plus my rotors and brakes are bad so they are covering them. I have 36,000 on my truck now and was wondering what should i do should i contact nissan or a lawyer for enactment of a lemon law lawsuit? any help would be appreciated. And my idea of trading for an 2008 is out of the question since the lady said she wants the house built on the 15 acres i own before i get any new toys and she wants some finger bling!

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I don't think you have a case for a lemon law yet!

Is the rear end actually damaged? Is it whining? If not, replacing the entire rear end is not necessary.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If they're taking care of it how come your asking about the lemon law. Did you have alot of other problems or something ? :confused:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the axle seal on the passenger rear is leaking and the dealership is just going to replace the whole thing and there is some whinning in the rear. and i was just coureous about the lemon law not worried about it yet. thanks

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
SupraTitan said:
I don't believe a 3yr old truck with 36K+ miles can be considered for the lemon law. If it was a lemon by defination, it wouldn't have made it to 36K in 3 yrs.

LOL....Exactly my thought. Lemon law is for the first 12 months only. Let them replace the rear end and brakes. The truck will be brand new all over again.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
A vehicle is a lemon if:

It has 3 or more of the SAME problem while under warranty period, and the repair attempts have NOT taken care of the problem.

Your truck does not meet the minimum requirements for coverage under lemon laws in any state, and it likely will not meet them at any point. Sorry.

Andrew

·
Registered
372 Posts
As others have stated, not really lemon law applicable.

Good luck if you call Nissan...spent 1h48m with them on phone last night. Never been so ticked off at the ignorance and double talk I recieved. All I wanted to do is verify a TSB I saw at nissanhelp.com to see if it was legit. They told me they could do that, then refused, saying they will verify with dealer they followed all TSB's...dealer won't check for one, so of course they'll say they followed them all, and I'll blow another axle seal soon and loose my truck, have no loaner, for another 10 days..:soap:

Sorry- it's still really hard to talk about. Must.....go....drink.....now..:frogtongu

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Lemon laws vary by state. Most do not go by length of warranty but rather 24 or 36 months. It does not matter if Nissan fixes it or not just that it has happened the number of times within the required time to qualify. You only get one shot at the lemon law so if you think you have a lemon, file within the time you have. Do not listen to those who have no problems, it is your truck and your money. Make yourself happy.

·
Super Moderator
34,534 Posts
ptvolly said:
As others have stated, not really lemon law applicable.

Good luck if you call Nissan...spent 1h48m with them on phone last night. Never been so ticked off at the ignorance and double talk I recieved. All I wanted to do is verify a TSB I saw at nissanhelp.com to see if it was legit. They told me they could do that, then refused, saying they will verify with dealer they followed all TSB's...dealer won't check for one, so of course they'll say they followed them all, and I'll blow another axle seal soon and loose my truck, have no loaner, for another 10 days..:soap:

Sorry- it's still really hard to talk about. Must.....go....drink.....now..:frogtongu
Print it out and show it to them. They have it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts