Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have some pictures of halos w/ hid's .... preferably 8000K ....?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
jkelley3209 said:
does anyone have some pictures of halos w/ hid's .... preferably 8000K ....?
What are Halos?

I have 4 8000k HID's non-projectors. I would suggest 5000-6000k if your thinking to get some new lights.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Are these different from the E-bay ones that leak water? Theres alot of pics from people with those in the parts and accessories forum.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
What are Halos?

I have 4 8000k HID's non-projectors. I would suggest 5000-6000k if your thinking to get some new lights.
why do you suggest 5000-6000k if you have 8000k? Are you not happy with them or is the light a better quality at 5000-6000k?? thanks

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Fox Delta said:
why do you suggest 5000-6000k if you have 8000k? Are you not happy with them or is the light a better quality at 5000-6000k?? thanks
5000-6000 is whiter and brighter, the only reason I have 8000 is because a JDM guy on ebay screwed up my order, Twice! And charged $30 for return shipping to make it right.... 8000k is too blue, but I have too many issue with my windsheild itself to worry about color.

Theres a known issue with the Halo projector lights on ebay not being air/water sealed. I don't know how much of an issue it is though or if there is a practical solution (silicone them?). I would suggest if you have the money to get some projectors as there is alot of spill with the stock reflectors (Can't wait to test them offroad though hah). I mean our stock lights, even with HID's have somewhat a cut off but nothing like projectors DESIGNED for HID's (ebay ones are designed for halogens). The actual reflector OR projector being designed for HID's makes a big difference. Some people have retro fit Proche and BWM projectors in their stock housings. The Ebay projectors give you a decent cut off but, as I have read, are not as bright as HID's in the stock reflectors. You may need an extra set of stock lights to get someone to do this modification, which is why alot of people just buy the ebay projectors.

I run D2R's which are designed for reflectors from my understanding. Theres different bulbs to fit the housings designed for HID's with projectors. Get a quality Balast (like Philips or maybe JDM if from a different seller as noted above^^) is my best suggestion.

rcantu has the HID BMW mod, you might send him a msg if you are really interested in going that route, but be patient, he has alot going on right now.

Reflectors are Very important, keep it in mind when you make your purchase.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
thanks for the explanation J!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Justintoxicated said:
rcantu has the HID BMW mod, you might send him a msg if you are really interested in going that route, but be patient, he has alot going on right now.
Is that a kit? Or is some modification needed?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got myne from *******indutries, they have never had any mostier problems at all ...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont kno why it never lets me put the name ... but it starts w/ B and ryhmes w/ kurtman.....

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
jkelley3209 said:
i dont kno why it never lets me put the name ... but it starts w/ B and ryhmes w/ kurtman.....
It's because they are not a titantalk sponsor.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oooo ok .... odd lol they make decent products ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts