Nissan Titan Forum banner

Handling Improvements

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  gyrate 
#1 ·
Are they modifications that will help to improve front end handling? Torsion Bar, Upgraded suspension, Steering, etc?

My Titan has always driven loose and awkward. It pulls to the right heavily and it very skirmish. I have had 10 cars/trucks in the past 10 years and never had experienced this so I don't believe it's the roads as many say.

I am taking it back to a different dealer at one last attempt to get it fixed. In the past the dealer has said there is nothing wrong. If again they say it's normal I would be willing to try some mods just so I don't convince myself to get rid of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any advice....

#2 ·
Something has got to be wrong. My Titan is rock solid and tracks true.

#3 ·
A good set of aftermarket shocks (preferable PRG coilovers) and sway bars (stillen) would definitely improve handling.

#5 ·
EVO8 said:
A good set of aftermarket shocks (preferable PRG coilovers) and sway bars (stillen) would definitely improve handling.
If he's pulling hard to the right he needs repairs first.

#6 ·
did you hit something like a big pothole or a curb? Sounds like your allignment is waaaaaaaaay off. Mine is also rock solid. Granted it is still a truck and can't take offramps at 70mph like my old maxima...

#7 ·
cneary812 said:
did you hit something like a big pothole or a curb? Sounds like your allignment is waaaaaaaaay off. Mine is also rock solid. Granted it is still a truck and can't take offramps at 70mph like my old maxima...
Nope.....I have not ever hit anything big, never wrecked nor has the truck ever been off road (2wd).

Thanks for the feed back. I'll see what the new dealer says this time.

In the past the dealer has said it's due to either the alignment or the tire pressure but it stills pulls and sways after they make minor adjustments.

#8 ·
Alignment for sure. Make them check caster too and you want to see a before and after printout. You can get some stock height replacment bilstiens that will make a world of difference. My stock shocks where done by 14k miles. Also stillen i think has a sway bar, but first fix whats wrong to start

#9 ·
Leadsled124 said:
Alignment for sure. Make them check caster too and you want to see a before and after printout.
Thats what I would think as well however after 2 alignments at the dealer and 2 at Firestone the truck still pulls.

Nice truck(s) by the way....

#10 ·
TitanTy said:
Thats what I would think as well however after 2 alignments at the dealer and 2 at Firestone the truck still pulls.

Nice truck(s) by the way....
Thanx! Look and see if you have adjustable Camber Bolts in the lower arm. They should not look like a normal bolt but be offset with little markings on them. In late 05 to mid 06 nissan thought they did not need these. I had to buy em . just somthing to look for

#12 ·
TitanTy said:
Are they modifications that will help to improve front end handling? Torsion Bar, Upgraded suspension, Steering, etc?

My Titan has always driven loose and awkward. It pulls to the right heavily and it very skirmish. I have had 10 cars/trucks in the past 10 years and never had experienced this so I don't believe it's the roads as many say.

I am taking it back to a different dealer at one last attempt to get it fixed. In the past the dealer has said there is nothing wrong. If again they say it's normal I would be willing to try some mods just so I don't convince myself to get rid of the truck.

Thanks in advance for any advice....

You have a major issue somewhere. Bent frame? We see a few of those popping up. Mine used to track weird but it needed alignment and the camber TSB.

It was never right out of the factory...... but make sure it's not something major (mine pulled to the right too)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.