Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVOs on my 17" OEM wheels, I have found them to be way better than the crappy BFG Rugged Trail that came on the truck. I had sort of wanted to go BFG AT T/A KO but wanted to try something different because I had used them for over a decade on my Hardbodies and I did not like the handling characteristic when they encounter heavy slush and deep water. The thing I miss though is the sidewall construction of the REVO is not as durable as the AT T/A KO and I honestly miss the stiff ride. In addition of course, the load rating of the REVO is not even close to the load rating of the AT T/A KO and I tow, I want overkill when it comes to my tires ratings.

So, enter a new tire option, I believe I'll be giving these a shot as part of my Project Titan I'm doing with Nissan Sport Magazine.
Check out these specs.

LT285/70R17
Construction- 10-ply
Air- S80 = Load- 3,750
Air- D80 = Load- 3,415
Rim width range- 6.5-7.5
Overall diameter- 32.8
Section width- 11.6
Tread width- 8.7
Revs/mile- 634

I'm a little confused regarding the Air S80 and Air D80 because the spec sheet does not come right out and say pressure, but that's what I'm assuming for now as I still need to resolve this assumption.

PDF spec sheet can be downloaded here. I honestly am not up to speed on what size you 18" guys run, I do not see 265/70-18, but I do see a 285/65-18, although that does not have such incredible specs as the 285/70-17 size.
http://www.hankooktireusa.com/product/tire_detail.asp?pid=1069

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I've never seen the S & D for Air psi, but my guess is static vs. dynamic. Notice with D the load capability is less, which seems to correlate with a dynamic/moving tire.

Those seem like they might be good, and like the Kumho I believe they are Korean, so are probably less expensive than some. A couple of people here run their mudders ... Dynapro MT RT03.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Hmmm, very insightful, thanks!

For sure, Hankook is a Korean based company, I have been watching and following them for years. I have a set of their Ventus R-S2 Z212 performance tires for the S, they are my track rain tires, most impressive, and honestly speaking, so low in cost I was a tad concerned when I bought them.

I just need to do some shopping now for some 17" Titan wheels so I have something to put these on. I'm about 99% sold on these :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
Great tire choice. Awesome specs.

I have similar needs and almost went with your tire. Same dealer had both at very similar prices. I opted for Cooper Discovery ATR's because I thought the tread pattern was just a bit more open (although that is subjective and might do a bit better in the gumbo mud we have here and also because they are made in USA (in my home state). The tread depth on both tires in huge in comparison to P-metrics with yours at 16.5 and mine at 17.0 - very close.

I had mine installed black side out, again, a subjective thing. On my black truck the monocolor seemed appropriate.

Both are LT's, 10 ply, HD construction, stiff sidewalls, agressive without being loud like true mudders, and both are load range D's. I think yours may handle about 200 lbs more per tire than the Coopers, which are rated for 3200 lbs per tire, dynamic.

I think those Hankook's will serve you well. Especially towing. Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
S=Single wheel
D= Duel wheels

Is it my imagination, or do the look like the Revo's?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Bingo! loufish has got it!

loufish said:
S=Single wheel
D= Duel wheels

Is it my imagination, or do the look like the Revo's?
Yes! Single/Dual ... that is probalby the case and more likely than static vs. dynamic, and in a Firestone doc I posted around here somewhere, it does show different capacities for S vs. D, and lower for each individual dual. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts