Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an LED flashlight from Harbor Freight Tools (In know - you get what you pay for) and it has a rubber coating that stinks!!! The smell is a mixture of rubber and ant poison and you cannot touch it without getting the smell on your hands. Anyone have any idea on how to get rid of the smell?

·
Premium Member
92,341 Posts
Take it back.... :dunno:

·
Registered
170 Posts
It's probably some caustic or carcinogenic chemical leaching out of the improperly cured rubber. It'll either leave stains or make you sick. Either way, take it back.

Roger

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
let one of your neighboor's pets take a whiff and lick it. if they dont die, then its probably just a plastic smell that goes away. if not...

you got the reciept right?

-dave

·
Premium Member
19,148 Posts
Somewhen I acquired a set of tools and put them in a portable toolcase kind of like a big briefcase. Unfortunately some of the tools put out a puke smell and the toolcase absorbed the smell. My kids are afraid of the toolcase and call it the Barfcase.

Send that tool back!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ And buy a Surefire light
I am not defending the flashlight by no means, and I will take it back if the smell doesn't go away, but here is why I bought it:

The flashlight cost me a whopping $2.99 It only has 6 LED bulbs and takes 4 AA batteries to operate. If my calculations are correct, it should run for about 50 hours at full strength on those 4 batteries.

In comparison, how much did that Surefire cost you, and how long does it run on the expensive Lithium batteries? Don't you know we're in a depression?

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Like you stated in your 1st post.....you get what you pay for. :)

A cheaper alternative to the Surefire is the maglite brand with their new LED upgrade since you are being so frugal. :eyebrow:

I am not defending the flashlight by no means, and I will take it back if the smell doesn't go away, but here is why I bought it:

The flashlight cost me a whopping $2.99 It only has 6 LED bulbs and takes 4 AA batteries to operate. If my calculations are correct, it should run for about 50 hours at full strength on those 4 batteries.

In comparison, how much did that Surefire cost you, and how long does it run on the expensive Lithium batteries? Don't you know we're in a depression?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
!!!! Go chivas!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts