Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2009 with 112k miles. Just started noticing it was hard to get from park to drive or reverse. Last night almost had to go rescue write wife from grocery store parking lot. Big deal? Little deal? Expensive repair?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This happened twice in 190000. The last time was a few days ago at a crowded gas station and I had to wave cars to go around me. Real fun stuff. The brake didn't have the "give" you usually get when shifting and all of a sudden I had a bad feeling . There's a sensor on the brake pedal that tells the shifter to release the safety when pressed. I had to manually override the shifter by popping the little round cover located at the top left of the shifter, and stick a key in there (I had separate keys that wasn't attached to my car keys) to get it in gear. And boom, it started working normally since then. I'm sure if you replace the solenoid you be ok, but I have no clue how much it cost. I attached a pic of where the solenoid is and the manual bypass just in case you' don't know it. I would wait till it happen again before you seriously take a dive at it. Like I mentioned before It only happened twice in 190k miles so I'm going to wait and see before I proceed. YMMV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts