Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching on here and was not able to find anything similar to what my issue is. The battery in my truck is good and the truck turns over like normal but when it is cold outside it won't start. I head out to start it and it turns over and nothing happens so then I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then come back out and it starts right up. Kind of a pain since it occurs in the morning when I am trying to leave for work or after the truck sits in the parking lot at work all day. I have not dealt with an issue like this in the past so I am a little confused. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Got fog lights?
Swap the relay with the fuel pump relay and see what happens.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not have fog lights but have the wiring for them. Does that mean it already has the relay? If so I can check tonight and see if that fixes the issue. Any other ideas if that is not it?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
I only mentioned it because on some trucks, the contacts in the fuel pump relay get burned. There might be a recall out for that.
If it can't power up the fuel pump right away?
I think you get what I'm trying to say.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get what you mean. It has only happened a couple of times in the last couple weeks so it is kind of hard to troubleshoot but hopefully this resolves the issue. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it is not the battery because I had it checked. But while we are discussing the battery, how is the wedge suppose to work. I switched the relays and while I was in the garage I thought I would replace the battery box since it was cracked and I already had the replacement. I put the new box in then dropped the battery down so the plastic wedge (picture - battery 2) was in the notch on the backside of the battery. But by doing that, the metal wedge (picture - battery 1) does not come close to the notch on the other side of the battery. You can see the notch below the wedge in the picture. How is this suppose to actually sit in there. The battery sits level the way it is now. Prior to this it was resting on top of the plastic wedge to get the metal wedge to work but it was sitting in there at a slant.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts