Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make or is anyone designing a hard tonneau for utilitrac package Titan? I read somewhere you couldn't have both, is this true? Do you have to take the utilitrac off to mount a hard cover?

·
Registered
473 Posts
All manufacturers, appear to have options for hard covers with the Utilitrac. There may be some issues with the use of some items with the struts that aid in lifting and closing. I still have not decided what to do.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't mean to sound stupid, but is that a yes, no, or maybe on a functioning hard cover?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, they do make them.

No, the are designed to fit with the utilitrac.

Maybe, they will block the use of some features like the sliding bed divider or bedextender or....

So in other words it is a definate posative Maybe. :) In the pictures area, someone is going to be getting their A.R.E. lid in the next couple of day. I have asked if they could post a picture from the inside with the lid closed so we all can see if the shocks will block the Utilitrac.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have our ARE hard cover on order. They are supposed to be the best hard cover available. They told us the bottom jaw of the clamp goes inside the utility track.Installed $730 plus tax. Looks sharp in pictures we've seen.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saleman at dealership today said Nissan is coming out with one of it's own for the Titan so it will be 100% compatible with the utilitrac system. Hope so.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doghouse said:
Yes, they do make them.

No, the are designed to fit with the utilitrac.

Maybe, they will block the use of some features like the sliding bed divider or bedextender or....

So in other words it is a definate posative Maybe. :) In the pictures area, someone is going to be getting their A.R.E. lid in the next couple of day. I have asked if they could post a picture from the inside with the lid closed so we all can see if the shocks will block the Utilitrac.
Hello Doghouse:

Mine was installed today and there is no problem with the shocks because they are mounted to the curb that the clips attach to. The clips only eat up about 1.5" of the utilitrac on each extreme end! My trac componets work just fine. The paint job was a dead on match to the deepwater color of my Titan.

:cheers:
NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
20 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Does anybody make or is anyone designing a hard tonneau for utilitrac package Titan? I read somewhere you couldn't have both, is this true? Do you have to take the utilitrac off to mount a hard cover?
Gaylord is working on it. I talked to them today about the Butterfly lid.
Meade

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Niteblitz, give us all the particulars like company, price, pics, etc....I am phyched now! :teethmast

·
Registered
182 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Niteblitz, give us all the particulars like company, price, pics, etc....I am phyched now! :teethmast
Hello Flfinfan:

The company is A.R.E. their website is www.4are.com. They sale through installing distributors all over. The unit that I bought is the LSII and cost me $795.00 and I also got a remote keyless entry for free (online coupon). They get your truck's paint ID and it's painted at the factory to match your Titan. It's held in place by 4 clips and can be removed by just loosening 4 bolts. If you want to remove it from time to time, you need to tell the installer that. He will put the gasket on the top vs. your truck, so when you remove it the gasket goes with the top instead of being left behind along the edge of the truck bed. As I indicated before there is no problem with the utilitrac and it has a bumper system that prevents it from riding on your truck body and damaging the paint. I'll try to get some photos soon.

I plan to buy a manual hoist system from J.C. Whitney to remove the top and pull it up and out of the way into the ceiling of my garage. Or I may make one.

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Can the rail caps stay on that come with the Utilitrac? Or do the rails have to be bare metal? Also is your truck KC or CC?

·
Registered
182 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Can the rail caps stay on that come with the Utilitrac? Or do the rails have to be bare metal? Also is your truck KC or CC?
MY truck came with Utiilitrac covers only in the bed floor, so the side and back are bare. If you are refering to the bedrail caps, they stay put and are OK as is.
The hardtop curb fits on top of them. If you have covers on your Utilitrac side rails then you will want to remove them. My Titan is a CC but they have tops for both, the photo on their site is of a KC.

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Ya, I meant the actual painted part of the truck had caps on the rails of the truck bed, not the utilitrac rail system. The ones in the bed floor are covered but not the side utilitrac rails.

·
Registered
182 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Thanks. Ya, I meant the actual painted part of the truck had caps on the rails of the truck bed, not the utilitrac rail system. The ones in the bed floor are covered but not the side utilitrac rails.
I just didn't want to mislead ya. My pics are posted now in the "Pictures / Media " area now. Let me know if I can answer any other concerns you have!

:cheers:

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
182 Posts
NYTITANMAN said:
Hey Niteblitz, Sounds nice. How about some pics? :thumbsup:

Hello NYTITANMAN:

I have posted the pics today in the picture/media section. Let me know if you have any questions. :cheers:

NITEBLITZ

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have never owned a cover before. I would really like a hard cover that is hinged so that I could fold it up to the rear window when hauling big things. It would also be nice to fold up just the rear section for easy access. Anybody hear of anything like this?

Tony B

·
Registered
15 Posts
tbeecher said:
I have never owned a cover before. I would really like a hard cover that is hinged so that I could fold it up to the rear window when hauling big things. It would also be nice to fold up just the rear section for easy access. Anybody hear of anything like this?

Tony B
www.fold-a-cover.com They don't show anything out for the Titan yet I'm sure there working on it like every other dealer. They do have one for the Frontier. A friend of mine had one on his Silverado and loved it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mountop Hard Cover - In the Works for Utilitrack

I have just completed an email exchange with mountop regarding thier plans for a Titan cover thier response (selective edit) was:

"We should have the new clamp on version available for the Titan without the
cargo system in May 1st or 2nd week. The Titan with the cargo system I'm not sure on the exact date we will update on our web site as soon as we know for sure."

I like the dock plate look of the cover and the ability to add other carrying accessories, not to mention the ability to place a reasonable load on top ~200lbs. This is a good fit for me as it provides some of the functionality I will miss (particularly cargo and bike racks) without the utilitrack system on my XE CC. I don't have pricing particulars yet but I will post what I can at a later date.

If anyone wants to contact mountop directly (I am not a dealer and do not have any affiliation with them) the can be contacted at:

http://www.mounttop.com or phone 770-960-8068

1 - 20 of 22 Posts